8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » VHS is Back! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: VHS is Back!
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 16, 2018 02:35 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still use my Sony VCR and it works flawlessly. All my VHS tapes play fine even after almost 40 years. Can't say the same about my DVD collection, many of which have locked up after as little as 5 years!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2018 02:52 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that, Rob and Brian.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 16, 2018 08:52 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stopped using a VCR for watching movies long ago, however still have a couple of tapes that we bought new, way back in the 80s and still keep for old time sake..here is one [Smile]
 -
Well that was the 80s....this is 2018 [Wink]

https://youtu.be/awp0XMqQCdg

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 17, 2018 03:51 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How nice to see all those familiar names up on these posts.

HMV are offering these repacked items in store 2 for £15,interesting to see them tho I must say.

You may be surprised how popular tape still is in the home. Over my time in Media I've seen just about every format including Low Density reel to reel video from the 60's which actually still played at 405 lines. Oh the passing years....

Super 8 is really quite magical, not just from a film makers point of view but the physical handling of this organic medium. The projectors everyone was saying would not last the test of time for the best part have also my first sound Eumig still in its box. Miraculously we seem to be keeping our GS1200's going with no new spares available so perhaps if treated with loving care these will see another generation of film fans.

Not forgetting VHS but my Panasonic Super VHS machines have been workhorses and all are functioning.

Keep well all and have a happy and peaceful Christmas.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2018 05:57 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well said, Lee. Super 8 really is magical indeed.

Brian, I worked all three Betacam formats and very good they were indeed. Although, nothing compared to today's solid state HD / 4K cameras with lots of latitude - actually much more like shooting with film.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC