8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Shipping from UK to US - advice please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shipping from UK to US - advice please
Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2019 11:12 AM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, can anyone please advise me on this? I have a large box of 35mm films (safety stock) which I am shipping to Dino Everett at USC in California. It's too heavy for my scales, but I would estimate the package is about 10-15kg, and about the size of a 16mm projector packed up.

What's the best way to ship this heavy package affordably please? Any advice welcome. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 19, 2019 06:05 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris

Weigh each amount you can get on your scales including any box and its inner packaging. Then add up to disclose total weight. I suggest you also convert and have both lbs and kilos available for statement.

Items from abroad to the UK don't always get delivered by the original sender's transit company (although I'm not sure about the US.) This can make tracking difficult. Therefore I suggest you use UPS as it's an American company and will obviously also deliver in the US.

Perhaps Dino can confirm my thoughts.

--------------------
Maurice

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2019 07:36 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last international shipment of any size (outbound) was by UPS, which provided the best cost value. FedEx is another multinational company that we locals trust highly.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC