8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Eumig Museum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig Museum
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 02, 2019 06:59 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have a really good Facebook page where you can auto translate to English with general photos etc, not with this video however.

Its still very interesting though, I wonder if Steve could do a bit of translating for us to fill in what is going on [Smile]

https://youtu.be/mAaq5pLRCuc

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 02, 2019 08:21 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it says that the Eumig Museum is in a former firehouse.

They mentioned Eumig being one of the largest manufacturers of projectors and that they had a leading position in the worldwide marketplace.

They mentioned being in Vienna Neudorf 61 years, and said they were a producer of Movie projectors and cameras, cassette decks, video cameras and laser equipment. (-of course the "video camera" looked awfully "Regular 8"!)

They also mentioned intentionally speaking Austrian German in order to confuse people from Long Island who are learning standard German in Adult Education! (-at least I think that's what they said!)

It's a problem that learners like me often have: we still think in English so we do better words and sentences at a time: hear, translate, understand, hear some more and repeat (-with time off to check Google translate!). This is more like standing on a highway at rush hour trying to write down all the license plates!

I gave up on the idea of being fully fluent a while back: now I'm basically in it for the food and the beer!

-

Hacker-Pschorr, Munich, December 31st, 2018

(Fortunately my family over there are all fluent English speakers!)

Kind of a shame: I was in Vienna about 15 years ago. I would have visited this for sure!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 02, 2019 09:33 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Steve that was brilliant [Smile] It would have been nice if they included some English sub-titles in the video. [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 02, 2019 09:39 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoaaa!

There are German subtitles!

(That would have made this easier!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 02, 2019 09:42 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never saw that.. will have to check it out. [Smile]

PS sorry Steve read your post wrong thought it was English [Smile]

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2019 07:15 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice video about the history of Eumig!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 03, 2019 07:55 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They issued a few on Super 8 sound as well. When my local cine shop closed in the early 80's I was presented with a box of demo shorts knowing my enthusiasm for Eumig (Pronounced Oimig)
Nice youthful memories please turn back the clock someone.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC