8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Big Screen Revival Pics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Big Screen Revival Pics
Stuart Hilliker
Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2019 11:46 AM      Profile for Stuart Hilliker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a few pics from yesterday.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 - [IMG]http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=19small.jpg [/IMG]
 -
 -
 - [IMG]http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=31small.jpg [/IMG]

|  IP: Logged

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2019 12:32 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like a good show! Lots of goodies! A film collectors dream!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 14, 2019 02:11 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twas wonderful Leon and we were blessed with great weather. Anyone over here who missed it really missed out on a wonderful day which was very professionally organised to the limit. The screen used in No 1 cinema was large and a fixture of the building really nice. It was nice to see great care being taken in the presentation of film aligning the curtains and no one could fault such a wonderful event. I did comment that Cinema in Miniature II should be completed in early 2020 so this would be an ideal event to premiere it next May. See how we go.

Big Screen Time Revival also gets my award for the best refreshments available!

Nice to see enthusiasm for cameras as well.
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 14, 2019 02:35 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart, thanks for having post a picture of me. I look so serious on it [Big Grin]

Here are some photos I took on Sunday. I second all the postive comments that have been made. A great day, once again. Perfect organization. Many films and material at reasonnable prices, great projections show and good food (I discovered an excellent British cake ; I don't remember the name, it starts with "tea", it's a kind of half scones with cream and jam).

-
 -

Impossible to miss the place…

-

Lee at work.

-
 -
 -

Films and projectors, cheaper than on EBay and you can test and examine before buying.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 14, 2019 05:35 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

The super 8 projector used to show films in this gauge. The first film was a test made with the new Ektachrome.

-
 -
 -

Several sellers also projected in the "their" rooms (there were two rooms for sales and two for projections).

-

The projector used for sound 9.5 projections, different from the one used the two last years.

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 14, 2019 10:00 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique
Probably a teacake.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/tea-cakes

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 14, 2019 12:20 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks more or less like what I ate at the BSR (although it was not toasted), Maurice, but I'm sure the second word was not "cake". There are probably different ways to name it. I do hope these delicious little things will be availbale again next year :-)

-

The two sound projectors used for the 8mm screening. It's the first time I saw a public standard/regular 8 projection.

-

16 mm projection in the big room.

-

A last example of what was available.

-

What I brought home [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dominique

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2019 03:34 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique was it a cream tea?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 14, 2019 04:01 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart, I think the word "tea" is in first position in the name of this delicious "cake".

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 14, 2019 04:43 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Dom, Stuart, and Lee for the great pics and notes of this event. So much appreciated by myself and others, who would have loved to have been there.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2019 02:41 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It certainly looked like a tea and a cream scone (known as a cream tea) when I saw them being served/ What they called them I can't say as I didn't have one. I'll add some pictures later, my camera and computer weren't getting on together earlier.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 15, 2019 02:58 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was waiting for your pictures, Brian. Happy to hear they will come 😀

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2019 06:06 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are a few.
 -
Dominique at Nigel's table.
 -
Renown Pictures/Talking Pictures TV
 -
 -
The Cinema Museum's table.
 -
The screen in cinema 1 to show its size.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 15, 2019 06:26 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks !

--------------------
Dominique

Stuart Hilliker
Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2019 03:16 PM      Profile for Stuart Hilliker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a WeTransfer link to a few more photographs from the weekend. Much better quality than can be posted on the forum. I believe the link will expire in a week or two.
Please feel free to use in any way you wish.

https://we.tl/t-x9e7z2sbj8

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 15, 2019 07:38 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, Stuart. I've Just download your pictures.

--------------------
Dominique

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 15, 2019 07:44 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Compliments to Stuart and all who have made available such a great combination of photos. These certainly reinforce that it's an event that no one - at the very least within the south east - can afford to miss!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC