8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Forum Offline - What Happend ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Forum Offline - What Happend ?
Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 30, 2019 03:10 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob,

No worries!

Graham,

Would July be the middle of winter in New Zealand?

Maurice,

Brad would have that answer. I'm looking forward to it, however I've been told that there will be a learning curve (on the administrative end) to figure it all out before the new Forum goes live.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2019 04:20 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, when checking I hopped on the film tech forum and was reading about Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and someone spoiled the ending. It did say spoiler alert but the the spoiler was right in plain sight.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 30, 2019 04:41 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug

Spring...Sept, Oct, Nov.

Summer...Dec, Jan, Feb.

Autumn...March, April, May.

Winter...June, July, Aug.

[Smile]

PS....A couple of weeks ago it did rain quite a bit plus cold winds at Grandson Conner rugby game, but it did not deter them from playing. [Big Grin]
 -
 -

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2019 08:23 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanx to Brad and Doug to keep this forum afloat!
Miss it the last couple days and y'all folks!!
carry on...

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2019 08:02 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad the forum is back online! Hopefully the new version will be even better! Thanks to Brad Miller and Doug Meltzer for all they do [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Mike Spice
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2019 07:41 AM      Profile for Mike Spice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't log in for around 4 days in UK.
Very glad to see it back, as were it not for this forum, I wouldn't have the opportunity to hook up with Stan Jelavic in the wolverine thread.
The work he has done modding the scanner is truly amazing and his generosity in sending two of us the circuit board so we can at last, produce high quality image sequences of scanned film, is something quite remarkable.

Keep up the good work behind the scenes.

Is it worth considering submitting an email address to a list so that we could receive an email if this happens again, or would that be too much work for someone to cope with?
Just a thought.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted August 09, 2019 05:24 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, we have a continuing issue with the forum as it is now keeping it running, but will continue to put band-aids on it to keep it running. If it should disappear for a number of days don't worry, it's not shutting down. We are simply in the middle of a very large move and theater installs which is taking priority at the moment.

You will know when the new server goes live. It will be very much obvious. [Wink]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 10, 2019 03:34 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You will know when the new server goes live. It will be very much obvious
Brad
How will we know?
Will it be just trying to access the Forum every day when it's down to see when it's back?

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2019 05:45 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think what Brad means is that it will keep running in its present format, until one day the Home Page will be different,making it obvious that it has been updated?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 10, 2019 12:39 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Mike Spice's suggestion of an an email notification list is a good one. Yes Mike, it is more work for me, however I will indeed cope!

So....if members would like me to notify them when the Forum's online status is in question, please click on my email link to send me an email (not a PM) with the subject "Forum Notification List" and you'll be added to this very prestigious group.

This list will only be used for the stated purpose.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2019 12:10 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Internet is just such a strange "place." One of your favorite "locales" to visit, and the people there to hang with, can just vanish with out a trace.

Thank you, Brad, for hosting the remarkable Film-Tech communities. Good success in your move and installations. Hope there's still some actual film involved somewhere!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC