8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Ebay UK Allowing Overseas Combined Shipments?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay UK Allowing Overseas Combined Shipments?
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2019 09:43 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just my computer, or has Ebay UK moved the goalposts recently? I have just sold 3 separate items (completely non film related) to the same person over in the States through Ebay UK's GSP overseas postal system. Normally, the person has to pay the postage for each item at an over inflated rate. I am then informed of the UK address to send the items to (Lichfield) and issued individual I.D. numbers to quote on the three parcels.

THIS TIME the three items were displayed on the screen at the same time, together with just ONE I.D. number to quote for all three. Consequently, I parceled up the items in one box and posted them off.

Does anybody know if this is a recent change, or have any of our overseas colleagues found they can now buy multiple purchases from the UK and have them sent in one box with one postal charge?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 22, 2019 10:04 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a consolidation service. There are plenty companies like this in the USA as many cheap items are sold there. So we register to one company and they will give a single ID. Every time we purchased from various sellers, the items are shipped to this address. After we count they are good enough to be shipped in one big box, they will charge an overseas shipment (plus storage service) in one bill.

It is saving a lot of money but being risked to be caught by the Custom in the destination land as the total price have risen up.

But it is about gambling.

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC