8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool Dinner (16 November) & train travel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blackpool Dinner (16 November) & train travel
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 30, 2019 09:27 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dinner bookings, as generally happens, are now arriving in larger numbers and around 30 people have booked so far. There's no rush, however, as I can accept bookings until early November. It has proved possible, despite The Grand slightly increasing the cost, to hold the 2018 price of £23. If you're staying at The Grand, you can transfer your Saturday dinner to the Collectors' Dinner for a small surcharge of £3, but it's essential that you tell me.

If you haven't attended before, you can expect an excellent three course meal; a quiz with a prize for the winner; a raffle with fabulous prizes; and the customary film show to end the evening. This will be presented on 16mm by Mark Norton, and will include some unusual rarities, plus some new items that are still available.

If you travel to Blackpool by train, now is the time to book if you can, as the cheapest advance tickets are now available. By being flexible with travelling times, I managed a railcard booking return from London for £28, although you need to break the journey (or at least the tickets) at Birmingham New Street in order to get this price. And it should now be possible to get a tram all the way from Blackpool North to Wilton Parade, next to The Grand.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 30, 2019 10:43 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
am I booked for dinne?r - Shorty

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 30, 2019 11:50 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, I wish to be added on the list. Of it's ok for you, I can give you the money at Harpenden in October where I hope to meet you again. Thanks.

--------------------
Dominique

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 30, 2019 03:40 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty - You were one of the very first on the list!

Dominique - You're now on the list and handing me the payment at Harpenden is absolutely fine.

In fact anyone not staying at The Grand is very welcome to give me the payment at Harpenden in October, and Chorleywood in late September will probably also be another opportunity!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2019 05:39 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just booked my train and stay at the Grand B&B only. I would like book for the meal an will pay you at Chorelywood or Harpenden.

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2019 05:25 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi booked thursday to sunday having an extra day cant wait see you all there cheers simon [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
kinema king

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC