8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool information Oliver FR Field (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Blackpool information Oliver FR Field
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2019 06:48 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would ask a moderator to note that unfounded accusation of bullying which I take seriously. A small irrelevant piece of humour resulting in that accusation is way out of order and very serious. Please delete this whole thread.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted November 16, 2019 12:22 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Hold on there Simon. You're asking me to destroy part of the forum archives here, and that's a MAJOR no no. Have you ever heard the phrase "sticks and stones....." (yes, you know how it goes).

We are all adults here. Yes I received your email and I've read the posts on the first page and honestly I just don't see what the big butthurt is, nor do I appreciate you wasting my time with this schoolyard silliness. It's just a word and we aren't a group of 5 year olds that need to break down and have a cry over it.

So just to be extra clear on this, there will be no deletion of the archives here, and no I will not punish Rob as you requested in your email either. He is entitled to his own opinion, just as you are entitled to your sarcastic post on page 1 that was nothing more than teasing the people who can't make it.

quote:
Not able to make it this year-too much to do in the garden. Hope you all have a good time. If anyone sees a Bolex I’m looking for though...
Since Simon is demanding action for this heinous crime, this is the action I am more than willing to take:

• Any further references to this ridiculous over-sensitivity in further replies from any member will be a 2 week vacation from the forums for the member posting about it.
Now how about getting back to the topic of the Blackpool convention, of which is something I wish I was able to attend, but quite literally can't. (And no I don't even have a garden! [Big Grin] ) I hope everyone that is able to make it has a great time there, including Simon and Rob too if he should change his mind. Whoever does make it, please be sure and post some pics for us that won't be able to attend.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 17, 2019 07:40 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After reading how grand this event is/was, I and others here are looking forward to seeing some photos soon.... [Smile]
 -

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 18, 2019 06:24 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope those who were in position to make sunny Blackpool had a wonderful time. Regretfully I was unable to come along this year due to a year of variable health, treatments and awaiting hospital. We did pop in the day before to shake a few friendly hands for a few minutes which was nice and God willing we will make Farnworth in 2020. I was remembering my first trip to a Blackpool film fair in 1978 most of the day off and on. Memorable.

Can I also thank those on here who telephoned Sunday to see if we were OK and mailed over the months.
God bless you.

See you at Farnworth :-) If Cinema in Miniature is back from striping in time I will be bringing it to preview project.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 18, 2019 06:41 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We missed you, Lee. Hope to see you at the Spring Fair, at the Big Screen Time or at the international 9.5 festival in Bradford. I will try to attend those three events.

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2019 06:44 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad you wasn't there Lee and you always have some nice items to sell as well. First time I went there since 2006 as you've probably worked out and want to go again next year. And I won on the raffle early on which was a nice bonus. And the Sunday ended with a glorious sunset over Blackpool as I was leaving.

Graham S

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2019 11:37 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Message to Rob Young,

Ignore some of the silly irreverant comments - we all do our bit for this hobby, supporting events or buying films and equipment. If you can attend these events - great - but lets not knock individuals for not attending the events.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2019 01:31 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackpool
I have heard and read so much about the Blackpool Film Convention for years and thanks to a post from Adrian and the amazing post of David (who started this thread) it was my best decision to finally be part of this magical event.
I enjoyed every second and promised that my first visit at this extraordinary event will be only the first of many to come.
I don’t know if it was the friday 16mm-screening of „El Dorado“ (Howard Hawks is one of my favorite directors), the amazing screening day on saturday (neverending Super-8 and 16mm films from the moving „Listen To Britain“ to the funny „Wallace & Gromit‘s Grand Day Out“), the incredible Convention Diner incl. the quiz and the raffle (I also won a prize!) which I loved best.
But after all it was the wonderful people who gave me a very warm welcome from the beginning, who took care of me and were so incredibly kind - and who I really missed immediately after I needed to leave early on sunday!
Special thanks to David, Adrian, Simon, Pete, Dominique and Shorty:
Thank You all for including me into Your world! I am really proud to know You!
Oliver

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2019 06:00 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oliver, I'm pleased you had a great Blackpool experience. You and I had a brief chat by the bar on Saturday night,(I was the one who won the Disney Animation tome in the raffle). I don't suppose you had any luck finding a print of 'Dracula Prince Of Darkness' by any chance?

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2019 10:41 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mal
Of course I remember You!
I had no luck finding „Dracula-Prince of Darkness“ but a collectors heart has learned to wait: somewhere out there will be a print for me...
I hope You are fine.
Regards
Oliver

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 20, 2019 10:45 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a pleasure to meet you, Oliver - May we both work tyogether or at least regularly - I again urge you and the others there to visit us in Wildwood, I extend an open invite to all - Cheers, Shorty

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2019 01:44 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, Shorty: Laurel & Hardy is amazing!
Thank You again

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 21, 2019 08:43 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...if we caught a fish, whoever we sold it to wouldn't have to pay for it...and the profits...would go to the fish...

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2019 10:47 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
🤣💦

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC