8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Bell and Howell 16mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell and Howell 16mm
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 27, 2019 12:57 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This video is most interesting [Cool]

https://youtu.be/EtvGwbG1TBU

|  IP: Logged

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2019 03:28 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!! [Big Grin]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 27, 2019 03:39 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film bears out what my engineer told me about the loop restorer being synchronised with the pull down claw. This means that the correcting loop pull down only operates when the claw is withdrawn, thus preventing damage to the film by the claw if it was not synchronised.

It's a pity they didn't include this function with the slot loader, in the dark it may take a second or two to locate the manual loop former control.

I believe that the synchronised claw/pull down method is not done with the loop former on an Elmo, or on an Eiki/Elf. This means that damage could possibly occur to the film.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC