8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Best thing for 9.5 in 20 years

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best thing for 9.5 in 20 years
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2011 12:47 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The absolute best thing to hit nine five since the Buckingham Elf.....Wait.........Unless........there is an actual Elf from Buckingham running around smacking ninefivers, cuz that would be the best..... [Razz] .. but anyway [Big Grin]

Here is a teaser...more soon.....

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2011 10:06 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmmm.....

[Cool]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 31, 2011 01:56 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks intriguing and also rather like my Specto 500? [Eek!]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2011 02:56 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm indeed...OK here is the scoop....As soon as Roy Neil announced his film-o-clean, I immediately thought "Now, there's a product a ninefiver could use" so as soon as I was able to purchase one I did along with the conversion kit, handle clamp and the universal bracket. Knowing he did not offer a 9.5 version I knew I needed as many options as possible so I had all my pieces and I built what I am calling the "universal" universal bracket..I plan on writing a detailed piece for maybe Flickers or one of those, but in essence the set up I built I have so far used successfully on My 9.5 specto, my 9.5 Coq D'or, my 8mm Eumig 710D, and my Elmo ST 1200 HD simply by switching out the projectors, I will bust out the 16mm this weekend and use it on that, but THAT is the gauge that my rollers were designed for so in essence that was that least concern in terms of testing throughout formats....Most 9.5 films are filthy, much dirtier than any of my other films, so of all the gauges that was the one that needed it the most...So to keep this post short and make the detailed one into a written piece, I will simply say that with a modified universal bracket, the 16mm rollers, and 2 x small rubber O-Rings I have a great 9.5mm film-o-clean. The funny things is that subsequently I also have one that I set up once and can now use on all of my projections across formats...

I ran some of my worst prints through both projectors, and not only did they look better, but they ran so much smoother than ever before.....Since, as my good friend Martyn Stevens states clearly, "There will never be any more printed 9.5 films, ever," now is the best time in the world to start running them through the film-o-clean to keep them running beautifully for years to come.....It is like a whole bright new window just opened, only it makes me want to sit in the dark and run hundreds of 9.5 films [Big Grin]

-

-

--------------------

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2011 09:34 PM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work Dino !

> You are the first person in history of mankind to run Film-O-Clean on 9.5mm <

Im glad you were successful, the mounting arrangement is indeed creative - you need to write that up so you can take credit for that as well !!

If there is sufficient demand I can make dedicated hardware for 9.5, but if the solution you have come up with is problem free.. there may not be a need.

Nicely Done.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2011 03:55 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does 9.5 have optical sound? My eyes must be getting old. I never noticed there was a 9.5 Forum. How long has this been up?

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2011 01:19 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My eyes must be getting old. I never noticed there was a 9.5 Forum. How long has this been up?
February 02, 2007

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2011 05:03 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes 9.5 has both optical and magnetic sound, with optical being the more common..

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC