8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » New Owner of a Pathe Baby (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New Owner of a Pathe Baby
Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2013 02:20 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much Janice, I really enjoyed that. What great footage; the 1st scene looked like Britain's General Haigh. I can imagine your excitement seeing the moving pictures for the 1st time after all your hard work.

I'm very impressed with you Janice, you take on these jobs and you get results.

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2013 07:33 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely clip, Janice, always fun to see old projectors at work! :-)

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2013 08:44 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What made it especially enjoyable, was not just the WW1 footage, but the fact that your film is itself an historic item and the projector used to screen it. Do you have any films with an earlier catalogue number. After all these years, I wonder how many copies survive of a particular film.

Looked at Grahame Newnham's listing of Pathe films; couldn't find this one, listed either alphabetically or numerically.

[ September 29, 2013, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Robert Crewdson ]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 29, 2013 01:04 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found it listed on this page:

M 33 Allied Forces of the World War

http://www.pathefilm.freeserve.co.uk/95flmcat/95flmcatpathex.htm

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 29, 2013 02:05 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To use a Pathescope name, Janice, you have a real Gem. I believe that 9.5mm only lasted a short time in the USA. So, not only is it a Gem, it is a rarity.

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 29, 2013 02:34 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Gem that she can enjoy with her Son ! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2013 03:29 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found it at last, date not given, but appears to be before 1920.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 29, 2013 03:48 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Estimating that the original owners of this projector bought the film in or before 1927 it's very possible that this particular reel hasn't been viewed in about 80-85 years. My son said it was like being in a time warp [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2013 03:58 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will you be posting others on Youtube?.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 29, 2013 04:10 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll post the complete WW1 reel for sure...I have to see what my best method for capturing will be. The home movies are much darker in contrast and will probably need some enhancement to make them better to view. I need to work on a couple of other projects too that I have been putting on hold...I'll alert you when I have more posted on YouTube [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 30, 2013 03:38 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Ashton awarded me with this nice certificate [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 30, 2013 04:23 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You definitly deserve it !

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 15, 2013 03:56 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Paul Adsett...Your trick with the rubber band saved me tonight. I started transferring to video the reels that came with my Pathe Baby. Seven out of the 10 wouldn't advance in the gate at all. I didn't see anything wrong with the film nor the claw...but the claw was not moving the film. Then I remembered what you posted about the notch lever. I found a rubber band and pulled back the notch lever with it. Loaded a reel... and presto...the film started feeding down the gate perfectly [Smile]

I'm not sure how great my transfers are going to be...but all the reels played thru to the end...SWEET! [Cool]

-

[ November 15, 2013, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC