8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathescope Gem picture alignment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathescope Gem picture alignment
Vic Newey
Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2016 09:10 AM      Profile for Vic Newey   Author's Homepage   Email Vic Newey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A recent purchase which I'm attempting to restore, I've got it running but I notice the picture is not quite centred and I can partly see the sprocket hole at the top. My other projector has an adjustment for this but I can't see one on the Gem. Can anyone advise as to how to adjust it please as I've not managed to get an instruction booklet yet?

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2016 11:40 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a framing device which centres the picture image. It is a small chrome plated lever which is located on the front plate which houses the gate assembly. It is quite small but if you look at the plate around the level of the lens you will see it.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2016 04:08 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vic,
I had a forum member copy a manual for my Pathescope Gem and send it to me
[Smile] If you have no luck getting one then I am happy to email you it or even mail it to you for free.
Just let me know,cheers.

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 10, 2016 07:57 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton. Sometimes if a 9-5 film is very shrunken the sprockets may become more visible particularly which by design they are centre perforated. I've some vintage 9-5 home movies and although they go through the Gem no problem you can see part of the sprocket holes both top and bottom of the image.

Keep the top and bottom loops big as it will help protect your films should it loose da loop. Happy days!

Vic Newey
Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2016 08:58 AM      Profile for Vic Newey   Author's Homepage   Email Vic Newey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, sorry for delay in replying, the forum doesn't send me emails when I get a reply although I enabled it. I discovered the frame alignment so that is sorted.

Dear Clinton, could you email a scan of the manual or is it too many pages ?

I'm still trying to get the correct motor drive belt also

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2016 01:01 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vic,
I pm you but in case you didn't get it then pm me or email me and I will send pics of the manual asp.
Cheers,
Clinton

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Vic Newey
Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2016 07:31 AM      Profile for Vic Newey   Author's Homepage   Email Vic Newey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton , many thanks for the manual page photos,it's most appreciated & I can see all I need to know for threading & running the machine

best regards
Vic

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC