8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathéscope Ace Film Transport

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathéscope Ace Film Transport
Daniel Elliott
Junior

- posted July 19, 2016 05:18 AM      Profile for Daniel Elliott   Email Daniel Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
I recently brought a Pathéscope Ace projector that I found in a charity shop. It came complete with films. the lamp and power supply and the spring belt and a take up reel. The first problem was that the sprockets did not engage with the film. I fixed this by moving the whole mechanism forward. Currently, the problem is that while the sprockets are engaging. the film is still not moving. The projector only works if I pull on the film my self as I crank the handle. The film feels like it is being held in too tight hence why it wont advance. Does anybody have any ideas on how the fix this? Any help is much appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Vic Newey
Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2016 04:17 PM      Profile for Vic Newey   Author's Homepage   Email Vic Newey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have thought that if the pulldown claw in the gate is located in the sprocket holes but the film does not move then it would rip a hole in the film, either that or the claw does not move. Can you see the claw coming in and out in the gate when you turn the handle? See this webpage, it has details of the Ace

http://www.pathefilm.uk/95gearpat1ace.htm

Daniel Elliott
Junior

- posted July 21, 2016 08:58 AM      Profile for Daniel Elliott   Email Daniel Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. I read about that. I moved the whole mechanism forward so the claws do come out when I turn the handle. The problems start when I close the pressure plate and turn the handle. Nothing happens unless I pull on the film. It's almost as if it is being held in too tight.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2016 08:54 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Pathescope Ace, but I use it with the little Ace Motor, it's something too technical for me.

Allen Nunneley
Junior

- posted August 14, 2016 03:28 PM      Profile for Allen Nunneley   Author's Homepage   Email Allen Nunneley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hallo Daniel I have three of these mainly because we had one at home when I was a small child in late 1940s.

Perhaps you have sorted it by now, as another member said if the film is jamming and the pull down claws are still moving it would have ripped the sprocket holes.

Could be the film is dished outwards or the claws are still not far enough forward.

If neither is the case the drive must be slipping.

Kind Regards Allen and Alanna

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC