8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » SOLVED: Help Me Identify These Films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOLVED: Help Me Identify These Films
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 07, 2017 11:06 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few 60ft. Baby cartridges with no labels. Here are some screen captures from the first mystery film. Anybody know the name of the movie?

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 08, 2017 03:25 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice
I am not sure what Pathescope called this film, but is from a 1925 70 minute comedy starring Douglas MacLean called "Introduce Me".
http://www.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9A05E4D71731EE3ABC4153DFB566838E639EDE&mcubz=0

--------------------
Maurice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 08, 2017 10:48 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice
I have just found the details on Grahame Newnham's website which includes US releases.
The film is a US Pathex release number D26, it's on four 60ft notched cassettes.
The title now has a slight addition, it's called "Introduce Me!".

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 08, 2017 11:02 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic, Maurice !

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 08, 2017 11:33 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Maurice!!! I can now create a label for it. I only have one reel from this movie...but it's been edited. There is a title card saying end of part 1...but there is more footage after that.

Thanks Maurice.

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 09, 2017 05:33 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Maurice... great job on the first movie. Now can you or anybody else identify this film from the few clips shown below. It looks like a guy on his lunch break...and the animals keep eating his food [Smile]

-

[ September 09, 2017, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 09, 2017 08:38 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and here is the 3rd and I believe the last of my mystery 9.5mm movies [Smile] I'm guessing this is an Our Gang film...just not sure which one. I only have Part One of the film.

-

--------------------
Janice

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2017 02:03 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first is a "Paul" (Jimmy) Parrott one reeler.The second,an Our Gang two reeler. More details later,when go home!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 11, 2017 04:50 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice
The first is 10179, 1 reel, 30ft. WORK!. Paul Parrott. "Bill Brick holds a very high position...on top of a skyscraper under construction." This is taken from "Take The Air" 1923.
The second needs some more research!

--------------------
Maurice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 11, 2017 03:13 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Paul Parrot film is on a full 60ft reel. So it might be Part 2 of the Pathex C-24 "Take the Air" 2 reel set. The beginning credits is missing and the end doesn't say "End of part 1" ... however it doesn't say "The End" either.

[ September 11, 2017, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 12, 2017 02:38 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Take The Air" was also available on a 300ft as SB/563. I am sure you know that James (Paul) Parrott was the brother of Charley Chase.

With regard to the probable Our Gang film. I have the 1939 Pathescope catalogue and there is no film listed with a description which fits your film. However, whilst referring to Grahame Newnham's Pathex listing I see there were many more Our Gang releases in the U.S. than British ones. Unfortunately, no details of the action/story are listed so I have drawn a blank on this one.

If you go on Grahame's site and look at the Pathex listings perhaps you could see a title which fits.

http://www.pathefilm.uk/95flmcat/95flmcatpathex.htm

--------------------
Maurice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 12, 2017 09:19 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice... I do use the Pathex listings. I was hoping some other collector either had the same film or recognized the screen capture.

--------------------
Janice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 12, 2017 12:06 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice

I am not sure if you have a copy, but I have found a "Catalog of Pathex Motion Picture for the Home 1927".

https://archive.org/stream/catalogofpathexm1927path#page/n3/mode/2up

Judging by the stills and the catalogue details your film appears to be a three-reeler number C-10 from 1923. "July Days".

"Sweet little Mary is on the lawn playing Doll's House when Mickey is seized with pangs of adoration. He seeks council of his sister's beau, who advises chocolate, a good show and high-speed transportation."

The film carries the same title as the original 20 minutes film.

--------------------
Maurice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 12, 2017 12:54 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like it Maurice [Smile] I do not have any 9.5 catalogs. Thank you for your research time. It's unfortunate I have only partials of these multi-reel movies. Perhaps I'll be able to find the missing reels some day.

For now the mystery reels are finally identified and labeled.

-

[ September 12, 2017, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2017 07:37 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,
Are you aware of this great website that does list all 9.5mm films released,it is updated if anyone finds another to add [Smile]

http://www.pathefilm.uk/95flmcat/95flmcat.htm

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 12, 2017 09:47 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Clinton... Yes, Maurice listed Graham's sight above and I have used it for reference in cataloging the films I have. I have also used this list as well:

http://www.pathex.com/Films/PathexFilms_a_b.htm

The lists are great...but they don't give a plot synopsis. A catalog like Maurice has gives much more detail.

--------------------
Janice

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2017 11:40 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, for future reference the Pathex releases always use the films' original title, so if you have the reel you have the title

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC