8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Split Spool Metal Cylinder Core Piece Question

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Split Spool Metal Cylinder Core Piece Question
Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

Posts: 184
From: Ostende, Belgium
Registered: May 2016

 - posted April 11, 2017 01:19 PM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage   Email Gilbert Lambert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I try to find the right name for a metal piece that fits in a 35mm or 16mm core , cores who then fit on a split spool. I would like to buy a 35mm one ( had one long time ago but lost it ) just no idea how to search on the internet for it. It's a cylinder with a little piece on top (bulge) that fits in a 35 or 16mm core, ... if somebody can help would be welcome, thank you kindly, Gilbert

 |  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

Posts: 5895
From: Bristol. United Kingdom
Registered: Oct 2007

 - posted April 11, 2017 02:45 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like the centre piece of a 35mm spooling on/off plate. Unfortunately, probably all thrown away when digital came to projection rooms.


 |  IP: Logged

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

Posts: 160
From: Canton, OH, USA
Registered: May 2014

 - posted April 13, 2017 07:27 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found one on ebay several months ago, it was called a 16mm 35mm film editing flange.

 |  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC

Powered by Infopop Corporation