Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading lamp

Hi everyone,

I read several topics about how to upgraded lamp of film projector. I made several researches and i want to ask you point of view about the different possibities available. I want to modified a elmo 16cl xenon, a 35mm projector (kinoton FP30 + TK35) and a super8 projector (Elmo GS800 ou ST1200, i don't know yet).

I just bought a HID lamp 150W but i can't find the correct ballast: i read the i need the venture VYC150255 or V150SSC255 but i cannot find any of them, does anyone know where i can find the correct power supply ?

I also bought this one a MSD lamp 7R 230W Beam Lamp Bulb with his Ballast (does someone have test this one?)
    And i have also seen one guy proposing modification with a UHP 300W, he is asking 400€ for the modification (too expensive for me. I made research to do it myself, I have found the lamp but i don't found the correct power supply (if someone have any idea?)

I know some of you have made some modification to their projector, mostly with the HID lamp. I want to know if some of you can recommended me and maybe what do i need to pay attention for the modification (heat, place, ...) ? I heard this lamp are very hot, can they damage the film?

Thank you in advance for your help, don't want to start modifying a projector and ruining it for nothing

Working...
X