Elmo CL Main switch cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo CL Main switch cam

Hi I love Elmo CL`s, mainly because they are an Elmo but also if on song and the issues sorted out they are lovely to use and a very nice sort of halfway house between 16mm and Super 8mm

They still have the train set playtime feel of super 8 almost.

I`m also Looking for a later nice quiet one by the way !!! for my 2 eldest sons. Super 8 wise they are using a very nice ST180 with a 1.1 now. Also looking for a back up one of those too maybe.

So my CL the other day, suddenly after going in to reverse, would not switch back up etc.

Turned out its the clear plastic cam behind the main switch, it looks very so so and some had broken out, and to be honest its somewhere you really need to get some white fett grease on if you haven`t lately.

If you turn the switch this way and that you can get in with a small paint brush or cotton bud etc.

Anyway I thought Oh no etc but I`ll try Van Eck, and great luck on there, they do them, so bought two.

Heres the link if you have a CL I`d say its really worth buying one or two and supporting Edwin + Co, as they are a bit likely to go, the nature of the clear plastic etc.

If you`ve not got some silicon fett etc on to yours lately its very well worth a go, also nicely free`s up your switch operation and should extend the cam life too.

Here`s the link to Edwin and Co`s very good value part, mine are on the way, I`ll report back once here and fitted.

The picture seems to be 3d printed but the listing mentions they are now Nylon, not sure if thats a tooled or a Nylon 3D process ?

https://van-eck.net/en/product/elmo-...12173-pp-0333/

Best wishes Mark
Working...
X