Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making your own Scope bracket for projecting and filming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making your own Scope bracket for projecting and filming.

I'm guessing many of us have 'had a go' at making our own Scope lens bracket as these things can be expensive.

It's often quite easy to modify a existing bracket laying around to mount on a projector or even camera, but perhaps the easiest way if you do not have something suitable laying around is to buy a Camera Lens Tripod Mount Collar Ring which are made for still photography and come in many sizes. Prices for these are from around £6 upwards depending on diameter and construction materials usually Aluminium. I'm upgrading my Scope Super 8 cine camera with a far superior genuine Cinemascope lens which has a 70mm ring requirement. The new ring to hold the lens has a tripod mount screw which will be attached to a bracket base plate.

For projection you could have a small piece of right angle aluminium bolted into the bracket ring base drilling out the holes to fit your projector. A word of warning tho, do not use over long bolts that fit the projector as they could damage the inside workings of your machine.

These rings are made to high quality and not plastic as with some available with the inner coated with rubber to protect your lens.

Making your own economy but professional style lens bracket makes for a good project over those winter months and wont break the piggy bank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ring2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	17354

Click image for larger version

Name:	RING.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	17353
Working...
X