Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for David Baker & Steve Osborne

Dear David,

Thanks for your interest in pushing our beloved hobby into the future and keeping it alive. I saw your post asking for interests for a new 600 feet print, it got me thinking how can this be more effective. I have a couple of ideas that might help you move forward.
    1. Create Gmail poll(s) to collect data on the interest of film fans in an ordered way,
    2. Invite people for all the other super 8/16mm forums and groups to join. There are many in Facebook.
    3. Ask what formats are preferred (super 8, 16mm),
    4. What lengths are preferred (400m 600, 1200, full feature)?
    5. What type of film stock, sound strip, language is preferred, etc. ?
    6. What films are candidate for printing according to length?
    7. How may people are willing to put money up front for a certain film?
    With all the information acquired it might be possible to launch a Kickstarter campaign or Patron page in such way, that you can collect enough money to invest the project(s) without having to risk your own money. The Kickstarter campaign must be able to collect enough money to buy the 35mm print, pay your expenses, export the 35mm print to the lab and finance the minimum amount of printing copies the lab requests, etc... If the a Kickstarter pledge does not meet the requested amount, no money is collected and nobody losses. If the campaign is successful you already have collected a good amount of orders to fulfil everyone's expectations. Several pledges can be done at simultaneously.

I am willing to put my money up front for prints of my interest. I am sure I am not the only one. There are many particular tastes in film, so we have to find out what films are those that appeal to most people. Remember that their are film fans from all over the world, not only form the US.

Hope this is useful, regards, Julian

Last edited by Julian Baquero; November 23, 2020, 04:34 PM.
Working...
X