Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anybody Done A Lamp Conversion On A Beaulieu 708 EL ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anybody Done A Lamp Conversion On A Beaulieu 708 EL ?

I am looking at this machine and thinking it has to be the biggest contender for a conversion, as there is so much room inside the machine for all of the needed pieces to do this. But the one thing I do not want to do is cut a hole in the lamp house door for the air flow, so I am trying to find an alternative way of cooling the lamp without any major non reversible alterations to it, eg: cutting a whooping hole into the machine, just in case it needs to be returned back to normal.

The machine that I own is a standard two track mono output, so there is only one speaker in the back cover.
    My thoughts are to put a 12v fan over the second speaker grill, to force air into the back of the machine. Then mount the lamp ballast and a small 12v transformer on a bracket over the main transformer as there is plenty of room to do this, with the projector having it's soundboard mounted in it self contained housing in the base of the machine there should be little interference from the ballast.
    The next thing would be to disconnect the high/low lamp setting switch, and hardwire this onto the low setting for later.
    Then to use this switch to as a inline switch to power up the ballast, without having to add another one to the machine.

I have found online some small turbo 12v fans that could be mounted on the back cover and then deducted over to the main fan area with some 3d printing. Also to place one of these fans on to the inside of the lamp house door so it draws the hot air out and blasts it out of the vents on the top. By doing this it would mean the moment the machine is powered up you would have three fans working permanently.

Finally it is to fit a small 15v solenoid and mount this into the very back of the lamp house, using a wire rod connect it to a pivoted metal douser. The solenoid is then powered by the projectors 15v lamp supply, and would be controlled by the main switch on the machine on and off, firing the douser instead of lighting the halogen lamp.

Any thoughts anyone ?
Working...
X