Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Rollinson
    replied
    I was looking for a Godzilla film! To freak out the neighbors!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Rollinson
    replied
    Thanks so much for any info about this find. I usually buy and sell old guitars and musical stuff but this caught my eye. It actually wasn't a flea market but a recycling place where old thing go to be scrapped. I brought it home and checked it out and it is clean and still has unused swabs and a polishing cloth in its original bag. I don't see my future as a movie guy but I did order The Mysterious Dr.Satan Super 8 from eBay and hope to show it on the side of my house before I sell it. I put it on Japan Yahoo auction for ¥250000. about $2200. Too much or too little? https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e422078246
    I hope this doesn't break any forum rules. Please delete this if it is inappropriate.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Rollinson
    replied
    I paid about $65.

Leave a comment:

• Edward Nicielnik
    replied
    How much did it cost ?

Leave a comment:

• Dominique De Bast
    replied
    Steve, are you aware that the lens on your projector is intended for a large room (as the projector itself by the way) ? If the distance between your projector and your screen is far enough, it's perfect, if not, you can look for a "domestic" lens.

Leave a comment:

• Melvin England
    replied
    Steve....Let's get this right......you just casually walked into a bog standard flea market in Japan and spotted the Holy Grail for sale? Not only was it the Holy Grail but the Holy Grail's Holy Grail ? And it worked!

This must surely be the find on the century so far! Well done, although I don't envy you replacing the bulb when the time comes. I just hope you got it at a fair price.

If you are based in Japan, maybe our colleague Jason Smith could advise you of the super 8 sources there as he is based there too.

Leave a comment:

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    Steve

Independent 8 here in the UK have hundreds of Super 8 films for sale.
    Click below :-
    http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...sts-now-online

Maurice

Leave a comment:

• Steve Rollinson
    started a topic Elmo GS-1200 Xenon

Elmo GS-1200 Xenon

Yesterday at a flea market in Japan I picked up a like-new projector. It appears to be working. Where can I buy Super 8 movies? What should I be careful of?
Working...
X