How to shoot pulse sync for Elmo GS1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to shoot pulse sync for Elmo GS1200

Hello 8mm forum !! 🙂 it's been quite a few years since I've been here. And I see quite alot has changed . (Namely being it's a whole new forum now that I re-register for )
    . The news in my personal film shooting / projecting life is : after many years , at long last I managed finally to squeak out the money for a new (to me) Elmo GS1200 🙂🙂 well a fine functioning example of one at least .
    So now the conundrum is : how can I shoot pulse sync super 8 so I can plug into the ess plug and show sync sound film I have shot ?
    . Back around 2013 I got on Pedro's (then still existing site ) and ordered a 1008MD box from him , hoping to be able to shoot sync sound with a camera with a flash sync jack . Pedro was going through some personal problems at the time and for one reason or another I never did recieve that order. Then his site seemed to kind of disappear .
    One of the cameras I have is a Nikon R8 that I THINK is capable of generating a pulse sync tone but as I am unable to find a "Nikon r8 tape recorder sync cord ea-2 " that's not an option for me either .
    I would greatly appreciate some advice / input from the members here on how I might be able to generate a proper sync tone while shooting film to feed to the Elmo GS1200 .
    Oh I plan on recording sound with a Zoom h4n digital recorder that I have .
    I look forwarded to hearing some ideas for this project . I know the knowledge base here is HUGE .
    Thank you in advance for any advice you can share with me .
    . Thanks ,
    Doug
Working...
X