Help on Retro-8 Film Scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Retro-8 Film Scanner

I have a Moviestuff Retro-8 Film Scanner which I haven't used in the few years but have now set up. I had an issue with the mirror which I've now managed to stick back on.

I've reinstalled Windows 7 on my PC and installed the RetroScan HD software but when I go into setup it either does nothing or I get error messages to do with Trigger registry failure or no camera/too many cameras attached. I've seen these errors before when I was first using the product but can't remember how to fix them. I always found this product really bug-ridden and difficult to use. Can anybody provide any insight as Roger doesn't support this product anymore.

I can provide more detail / screenshots if needed

Just saw this so I don't know if you fixed it or not. Is the camera showing up in Device Manager? If not that might explain the error. I have gotten that when there was n issue with the USB cable for the camera.

Comment

And be sure that it's a 3.0 USB port and cable that you plug into.

Comment

Thanks for your advice. I actually bought a USB 2.0 PCI card and that has done the trick! I've been able to capture over 160 feet of film without any issue whereas before the most I could capture was around 20 feet. Also, I can switch between setup and capture without any problems and also pause capture. It must have been an issue with the USB controller on my motherboard before.

Comment

Working...
        X