Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    David has just posted a new thread with updated info. Please take a look and while you're doing that, I'll close this one.

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    Update on hotel information

the cut-off date for booking a room @ 91.00 per night is august 5 , 2021

that will be the last date to reserve your room for a cheap florida vacation ! ( rooms currently go for 150.00 a night )

if you need the code to get that rate , email me at : monsterman1954@aol.com

thank you for your support and see you there !

Dave Baker & Chip Gelmini

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    Any bets on who wins the race to the tornado ?

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E14959AB-6876-4C31-90CC-6A5942FDF37C.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	36887 I wonder are these two on their way to the FFCC?

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    STATUS UPDATE

Pleased to announce we have received name tags and they will be available to those who want to wear one. A limited supply will be handed out on a first come first serve basis.

Less than 2 months to go! 😀🎬🎞🎥📽

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    EARLY ARRIVAL MOVIE NIGHT
    Updated Wednesday June 16, 2021

Please remember to vote today. Thanks in advance to those who show interest. Yes, I know it’s still early – but I would love to see some movement on this.

New titles now added:

The choices are:

SVENGALI. Super 8 mono black and white. John Barrymore.

THE LITTLE MERMAID. Super 8 Dolby Surround. One of Derann’s best masterings.

TITANIC. James Cameron’s masterpiece. Super 8 cinemascope & Dolby Surround.

SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. Anthony Hopkins. Super 8 Dolby Surround.

STAR WARS A NEW HOPE. Cinemascope & Dolby Surround. (*}

THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT PART II. A look at many MGM musicals from a time period long gone but never forgotten. Letterboxed to 1:85. Mono sound. {*}

(*) New to the list

To vote please send emails to: clgjr1960@aol.com
    Enter in your subject line FFCC Early Arrival Screening

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    REGARDING THE FILM SHOW AT MY HOUSE

Thank you guys for your suggestions and comments. You have raised some good points.

It's NOT a classroom affair. What I meant by that was, if you see something I do while I run the films, i.e. 35mm projectionist procedure - then ask what am I doing and yes you can learn.

I want the screening at my home to make the guest feel relaxed.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied

I am really looking forward to mid August!

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Chip That is an incredibly kind offer for early arrivals and will be fascinating for all. The Little Mermaid is a lovely film with the fun and gorgeous music but all the films you kindly listed are great. Your enthusiasm for film and also making things happen is clear to see, we could do with a little more of that over this side of el pond.
    Sensible with the 5 seated cinema seating at the moment as well and anyone waiting will I am sure find plenty to talk about.
    Well done you!

It's building to quite a awesome event that's a certainty with some new releases to hit the screen as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Mander
    replied
    Chip,
    the offer of a film night is I'm sure appealing to collectors but how I read the thread is more of a classroom scenario on how to present a film show which isn't very appealing, it doesn't really sound a fun night out, also I wouldn't think attendees will wait for the chance of a seat if two features are potentially shown, it needs to come across as a more relaxed affair with more seating available when possible of course, Mark

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    Ok STAR WARS now added to the voting list.

It has been about a week since I posted for the movie night in my home. Yes it's early I know but come on guys not ONE reply other than David's suggestion? ☹️

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	florida-film-collector-convention4.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	35593

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    Because I thought the big boat would do the trick. Ohhhhh that sinking feeling.........

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    Chip , I raised my hand at Wildwood, so I'll be there !
    Why don't you add one of your STAR WARS movies to your choices to vote on for your " Home Movie " presentation?

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    1. Can someone please answer this question for me. With thanks.

How many are coming to this event that also go to Wildwood NJ for Cineasea?

Again, many thanks.

2. Volunteer is needed for photography of our event. Can you shoot stills and provide me with a CDROM of your pictures from your memory card. I will post the pictures here later on. This person will, while also attending the event, try really hard to produce a bunch of great pictures for others to see on line. You will of course be given full credits to your work.

Kind regards

Chip Gelmini
    FFCC Co-Coordinator

Leave a comment:

Working...
X