Ebay scam ... beware ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay scam ... beware ...

This is the first time that I have run across it, others might have already, but there is an ebay scam where a person messages you on ebay, stating that they want to buy you're item, (in this case, a brand new XBOX 1 that I have up for sale), but they can't pay thru regular ebay channels and are asking you to text them or do some form of payment outside of ebay ...

They will also suggest a different place other than where they say they want it sent, (in this case, Malaysia) ...

I didn't fall for it, and don't you fall for it.

another part of this scam is that, even if the payment goes thru OK, they'll attempt to say ...

the item didn't arrive, give me my money back ...
    the item arrives but is not good, (they switch you're actual item for another item of the same).

Beware. I doubt that it happens much with film, but if you do end up shipping to "Malaysia" (Nigeria), make sure that you have excellent tracking on the package AND insurance, so at least they can't say that the package didn't arrive, but they can still say that it "isn't as described" and attempt to get they're money back.

Don'tr get me wrong, there are no doubt many a good people from this area of the world, but there is also a LOT of scamming coming out of those areas as well.

OSI
Working...
X