Happy Thanksgiving to everyone be wise stay safe this holiday season

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    I better not

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    Graham, you really should post some of those comments! She looks like she is staring at her mother and thinking, "I thought you told me to avoid weird strangers".

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    This picture popped up on our local city Facebook page, taken by the mother of the young girl visiting the "Easter Bunny" at a local department store back in the 1960s.

The comments from folk about this particular "Easter Bunny" are downright funny, thought it was worth re-posting the photo here
    Click image for larger version

Name:	251586567_10223433849226944_8886953706988212097_n.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	46368

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln Thorn
    replied
    It’s Halloween, which gives me a chance to dress up as my favorite hero… The Bat.

Plus - this years Jack-o-Lantern I went John Carpenters Halloween. Click image for larger version

Name:	9A461A41-E40C-4B75-8461-9E3AF29F0AEB.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	45915 Click image for larger version

Name:	28245098-2103-4DD0-BFD0-A7737F8EDE34.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	45916

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    That is some view John

I received this little card from a couple of under seven year old, for last weeks "Dora" screening .

Name:	P1210111.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	45202

Name:	P1210112.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	45203

Leave a comment:

• John Burgess
    replied
    Spending a few days with my son and daughter in law. This is a view from the balcony of Click image for larger version

Name:	70051703-5DAB-4E6A-9F7D-5586358FD57B.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	45008 their flat, no prizes for guessing the location !
    John

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    It's that time of year.....

Name:	IMG_5259 HL1.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	45003

Name:	IMG_5261HL2.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	45005

Name:	IMG_5262HL3.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	45004

Name:	IMG_5263HL4.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	45002

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Nice pictures and Story Steve :-)

Another from el Lake District UK. Those falling leaves very pretty.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	leaves.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.7 KB ID:	44879

Name:	WB End.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	44880

Been looking thru some of my much loved WB film and printed collection so much to enjoy.
    Last edited by Lee Mannering; October 20, 2021, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    This is My Day in Pictures, of course it was a day like two months ago...so better late than never!

We went on Vacation in eastern Massachusetts in August. We Long Islanders have a very interesting relationship with New England. If we go up to our North Shore and look across, it is literally like 5 miles away. 5 miles by boat, maybe 100 miles by road! There is this strange point when we drive up to Eastern New England where we have driven a couple of hours, yet as the crow flies we are less than 10 miles from our house. All that stands in-between is 5 miles of seawater maybe a hundred feet deep!

So every time we drive up there, we have basically two choices: go west and take a bridge, or go east and catch a ferry. The ferries don't save time: by the time we get to the ferry at the proper time and get all lined up, and then board and move into the passenger areas and then sail across, get back in our car and drive off, we could just as easily be waiting at the other end if we drove direct! (It sure doesn't save any money, either.)

What this amounts to is a nice beginning to our vacation, kind of a pause to reset our brains to the idea that work is over for a few days: time to kick back and relax a little! We decided to go that way this year.

This is Cape Henlopen, which has been shuttling back and forth from Orient, Long Island to New London, Connecticut for something like 30 years. A long time ago she was a Landing Craft and participated in the landings at Normandy on D-Day. Before she came up here she did years on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, a route to CineSea that quite a few of our friends use.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ferry August 2021 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	44844

On a nice day, the trip across is beautiful: to the North there are the Connecticut and Rhode Island shores, astern there is the very easternmost tip of Long Island. We probably passed about five lighthouses along the way. To the southeast is open ocean all the way to Portugal.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ferry August 2021 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	44845

We ride up on the top deck, get some sun and take in the scenery. It's easy to pick out the regulars: they are in the cabin on Wifi or watching TV. They've seen it dozens of times and there is nothing surprising anymore!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ferry August 20213.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	44846

We decided to splurge a little this time. We had the camper with us: usually that means we take the bridge, but this time we treated ourselves even with our 30 foot vehicle with a hinge in the middle!

It was an interesting experience: it seems bringing 20 pounds of propane aboard made us special guests! We were put in our own lane in the boarding area and got to board last. While everybody else parked between the lines, we were told to straddle them. As nearly as I can figure, they wanted to establish a clear zone around us in the unlikely event we blew up!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ferry August 2021 4_A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	44847

(No vessels were incinerated in the making of this journey!)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ferry August 2021 5_A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.0 KB ID:	44848

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    A picture tells a thousand stories and this our fave thread.
    Uk Lake district collecting reel film for the 9-5 convention
    Very foggy

Name:	20211019_131847.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	44840

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Dvoskin
    replied
    Clearly an Android phone…

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    The Palms of Wildwood
    Click image for larger version  Name:	The Palms of Wildwood No1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	44072

A row of stately palms at the Shalimar Resort Hotel: site of CineSea 23

Wildwood, New Jersey is an amazing place where trees are concerned. All over the Northeastern US, we have forests: pines, oaks, chestnut trees, maples. These were a driving force in European colonization of this part of the world: in a world that moved in wooden sailing ships, access to trees that could become masts and planks made and broke nations.

Wildwood is different: unlike most of the Northeast, trees there are often palm trees.

These are special palms. Unlike places like Hawaii or the Middle East, it can get down well below freezing. They have to be capable of surviving many months of cold temperatures. There is also to issue of surviving on a coast frequently pounded by hurricanes and the sandy soil there.

-notice the special adaptations of the roots:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	The Palms of Wildwood No2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.6 KB ID:	44073

-I'll say this: people have often been hurt by coconuts falling from palm trees. If it happened it this case it would be basically a certainty!

(.........)
    Last edited by Steve Klare; October 10, 2021, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    That sea looks pretty rough! I can her Jack Hawkins proclaiming:

Marlow : [first lines - voiceover] Joseph Conrad wrote, "If you want to know the age of the Earth, look upon the sea in a storm." But what storm could fully reveal the heart of a man?

A sea like that might not reveal the heart of man, but most certainly will reveal the contents of his stomach in short time...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X