Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melvin England
    replied
    Yesterday, I visited our local Street Life museum here in Hull and stumbled across this mock frontage of a vintage cinema, together with a list of films "currently playing."

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240227_135024.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	96947

Name:	20240227_135004.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	96948

Name:	20240227_135045.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	96949

Name:	20240227_135112.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	96950

Name:	20240227_135119.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	96951

If this had been for real, it would have been quite a handy venue, as the local tram stops just outside!

Name:	20240227_135312.jpg
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	96952

Leave a comment:

• Melvin England
    replied
    Nevertheless, Doug, it was a meeting of like minded people who live so far away from each other who are prepared to meet up given the opportunity.
    I am always amazed at the people from the various countries that turn up at Blackpool every year. I've met Shorty on several occasions,(hopefully meeting you eventually, on either side of the pond), Eivind from Norway, Oliver and Joachim from Germany to give a few examples. Without the forum I doubt that would ever happen, remembering the wilderness years between the mass market demise of super 8 / the onslaught of video, to joining the forum. I really believed then that I would be in a one man hobby for the rest of my life. Then for the right reasons, joining the forum blew that out of the water!

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Melvin,

I suspect that Shorty and I weren't the main attractions on Ken's visit but it is always great fun meeting other collectors. Ken might make the trip to CineSea in the near future!

Leave a comment:

• Melvin England
    replied
    This completely demonstrates the great comradeship that exists in our wonderful hobby. Ken will have travelled even further to be in New York (assuming that is where you all are) from San Francisco than I would need to travel right now located on the east coast of England!

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Forum member Ken Souza came in from San Fransisco. He, Shorty Caruso and I got together for breakfast and a screening. A perfect way to spend a Sunday!

Click image for larger version  Name:	meeting up 22524 - 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	277.6 KB ID:	96818

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Well I came across these below still photos last night on the internet and boy did it give me a jolt to the past of me at the aero club from 1976 to 1986 and the people I once worked with. I have no idea who took it, but it was around the mid-eighties. Looking directly at the photo I am on the far left. The chief engineer is the one in the middle, and he was the one that got me involved in Super 8 in the first place. All up I think we looked after around 19 aircraft. In the photo there were just four of us full time, it certainly brought back memories of those times now long gone, sadly as well as some folk also featured in this photo.

And with that was the first short Super 8 film I took back in the late 1970s which I will add here as well.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Aero club.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.2 KB ID:	96320
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Air view.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.6 KB ID:	96321
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Old clubrooms outside-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.9 KB ID:	96322
    Last edited by Graham Ritchie; February 17, 2024, 10:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Its summer here at the moment and it reminded me of these few photos we taken a few years back, on a drive up the Port Hills with Sumner and the city in the background. The road round the summit is not much wider than single track, but has great views, an ideal drive on a summers day.

Sumner that's where the Hollywood cinema was situated one of our favorite cinemas to go to.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF2101.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.4 KB ID:	96187

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF2108.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.5 KB ID:	96188
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF2102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	96189
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF2099.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.1 KB ID:	96190

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied

Name:	IMG_5673[1].jpg
Views:	164
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	96122

O-KAYYY!!!!

I used the thing!

I'm wet, my feet are cold, and I have the slightest scent of snowblower exhaust about me!
    (I'd say we are running a little-bit rich today! -but did they really need to point the exhaust backwards?!)

Spring is 35 days away!

(-more than enough!)

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Ah, Yes!

Two boilers and two fireboxes!

-pretty demanding work for the Firemen on the Ffestiniog Railway!

Leave a comment:

• Joerg Polzfusz
    replied
    It somehow reminds me of those „Double Fairlie locomotives“.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Funny!

-that’s exactly what I was thinking when I shot the picture!

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Steve, that's very reminiscent of the Pushmi-Pullyu from Dr. Dolittle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pushmi-Pullyu3.png Views:	0 Size:	968.9 KB ID:	95747

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied

Name:	IMG_E5665[1].jpg
Views:	59
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	95741

-something's telling me United Parcel Service isn't having a good day today. (-at least locally!)

Do you think they have a brown tow-truck somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Today, Well I have been looking forward to picking up this one for a while now, this week it happened da da spent this afternoon on it, nice Scope print, just about ready for the platter hoping to screen it very soon, starring Tim Allen and John Travolta, one of my favorite, and I should say, it was a very popular regular Saturday night screening at the cinema, we ran this one for almost 5 months, so I am over the moon to be able to project it once again on 35mm

Name:	P1350624.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	95714

Name:	P1350628.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	95715

Name:	P1350634.jpg