Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Adsett
    replied
    I really enjoy popping on a 200ft or 400ft digest, or a few trailers, whenever the feeling for a few minutes of film comes on, so I decided it would be nice to have a casual set up to supplement my main screening room with the 120 ins CinemaScope screen. Something easy to run on a smaller scale. So here is what I have now set up in my office/den. The GS1200 #2 is output to a 10 band stereo equalizer and then onto a little 3w stereo amplifier coupled to headphones. There are no speakers (yet!​) as I really enjoy listening to super 8 stereo through headphones, much more directional. The screen is a 60 ins wide roll down positioned in front of a closet. Masking is four separate felt covered panels, and is manually put up for each showing and takes less than a minute to install.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02934.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	31633 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02935.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	31634

Leave a comment:

• Janice Glesser
    replied
    Roger Shunk Can't wait to see what you done

Leave a comment:

• Roger Shunk
    replied
    Great set up Janice I made a lot changes to our home theater and will have to post some new pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Caruso
    replied
    Fabulous throw to the wall there...reminds one if an ampitheatre ( In the round )...very nice, Janice...Shorty

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    Looks really good Janice ☺️

Hopefully you will be able to get the furniture you want soon - but in the meantime, those patio chairs look mighty comfortable!

Leave a comment:

• Janice Glesser
    replied
    ​​​​​​Thanks Shorty! My cine room is totally functional for now. I am still using the wall for my projections and looking at various screen alternatives. I plan on replacing the patio furniture with recliner couches once it's safer to go into a furniture store. I also want to get room darkening shades. But all in all it's very comfortable and fun to watch my films and digital movies.

The pictures below were taken during the daytime so you could see the arrangement. At night when it's dark it's like sitting in a movie theater.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210311_170952332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.0 KB ID:	29811 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210311_171417029.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.1 KB ID:	29816 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210311_172332142.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	29812 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210208_060855973.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	29814
    Last edited by Janice Glesser; March 11, 2021, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Caruso
    replied
    Like that arrangement, Janice. Reminiscent of the old Bijou Theatre days...Shorty

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    Your set-up in your new house is looking good Janice! 🙂

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Super Janice

Leave a comment:

• Xander van der Merwe
    replied
    Amazing setup Thomas, I would never leave that room and setup if it were mine 😀. Nice decorations Janice, and nice that you’re getting help from the family, hope the interest in this hobby manages to get passed down 🤓

Leave a comment:

• Janice Glesser
    replied
    Finally got my film related posters put up in my new house thanks to my son Darrin. My cine room is starting to take shape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Posters-in-new-cine-room.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	24330 Click image for larger version

Name:	Posters_MeandDarrin.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	24331

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Knappstein
    replied
    Hi Paul! This is a Stepper Motor with a Wormgear for only focus remote. The Zoom must be adjusted before starting the Show. But now I have an Update with a second Motor for adjusting the Frame from my Seat.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Phelps
    replied
    That is impressive Thomas! What a beautiful Cinema you have. You can be proud of that set up.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Adsett
    replied
    Fabulous set up Thomas! Am I seeing a remote powered mechanism for focusing and zooming the GS1200 LENS?

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Knappstein
    replied
    I had post my Location in the old 8mm Forum a few Years ago. But now I will try it here again.
    The machines are Bauer Sonolux II for 35mm, Elmo GS 1200 with long Arms for Super 8 and Panasonic PTAT 5000 for digital Projection in 2D and 3D.
    Some Pic´s are a little bit older and looking different to the actually ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X