Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Adsett
    replied
    Janice, your new screening room looks great, and those powered reclining sofa's look so comfortable and inviting. Looks like your all set for many great reel movie showings! Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Brilliant Janice, nicely set up.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    That looks great, Janice!

Next: stereo coffee tables! (one right, one left)

Leave a comment:

• Janice Glesser
    replied
    Well after 10 months of living in my new house I finally found furniture for my cine projection room. Out with the old patio chairs and in with two new power reclining sofas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210723_181127447.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.4 KB ID:	38872 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210723_181153494.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.7 KB ID:	38873

I also added a new sound bar and subwoofer. It works really well with my digital projector and I am working on incorporating it with the film projectors. I need some kind of switcher to control the device input into the sound bar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210723_203848675.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	38875

​​​​​​​
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ken Finch
    replied
    I would add my own set up, a nod to an ABC cinema interior but do not have the knowledge to post pictures. However, it can be seen on one of Keith Wiltons "Armchair Odeons" DVDs as he filmed it some years ago. Needless to say some of the equipment has changed since then and the collection of films and etc. have been breeding rapidly, to the extent that I am now disposing of stuff because of my age and running out of space!! Ken Finch

Leave a comment:

• Jean-Christophe De Block
    replied
    Great, Pierre!

Leave a comment:

• Pierre Mdihi
    replied
    Hi,

You will find on my website (link below) the screening room of a friend. In the past, he has a 35mm et 16mm projector but now because of his age he only use videoprojector. But his screening room is beautiful.

https://cinedantan.fr/la-salle-de-cinema-dhenry/

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    Still a great set-up Janice! 🙂

Leave a comment:

• Janice Glesser
    replied

Having all my projector watching is much simpler to maintain in one location. From a single stand I have 16 mm, 8 mm, DVD, and Roku and Chromecast streaming via digital projector.

I wish I had more audio knowledge so to hook up a good sound system, but my trusty little guitar amps do a good job still.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210408_172136690.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	31936

​​​​​​
    Last edited by Janice Glesser; April 10, 2021, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    I have a similar freedom Bill, but without the work aspect.

When I moved up to Scotland and bought this apartment I made sure it had a large living-room for my film hobby and a large second bedroom for my other hobby which requires a lot of space - model railways 😊

Leave a comment:

• Bill Phelps
    replied
    I currently have 4 screens and 7 projectors set up in 3 different rooms. Aside from work my house is me and my hobbies.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Fretwell
    replied
    I believe Keith is having damp problems in this basement cinema at present (at least at the time of the latest Film Collecting magazine) and building work in other parts of the house is preventing it being cured. The cost on top of that is another factor.

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    Well if space was not the issue for any of us, if would be great to have say our 3 favourite Projectors set-up in different rooms depending on what specific projection requirements our film collections required 😊

Leave a comment:

• Paul Adsett
    replied
    I guess you could put it that way Ali. However I am not in the league of Keith Wilton who has 3 screening rooms in his house according to Armchair Odeon's!

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    Very nice set-up Paul!

So does that mean that whereas when some people have two cars, they are called a 'two-car household' ....you are in fact now a 'two-projector set-up household'! 😉

Leave a comment:

Working...
X