8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bruce Lee films on Super 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bruce Lee films on Super 8
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted July 26, 2003 01:44 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys!
I have only 3 films of Bruce Lee on Super 8. I have Enter the Dragon, the 400ft version, Green Hornet pilot episode, and a German Print of Game of Death on 3x400. Strange, though that they cut out a bit of the last fight scene. The best part of the film!
I also remember the guy that I bought that film from had Enter the Dragon in German Scope and also Return of the Dragon in Scope German. Can someone else out there tell what else is available on the king of kung fu? And if you have something you want to sell or trade me...even better!

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2003 03:19 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan-
About 10 years ago, I went on a desperate search for some good martial arts films on super 8. In my search, I found out that German super 8 companies such as UFA and Piccolo had released tons of martial arts digests in the early 80's. I found a guy over in Germany who was looking for someone to trade U.S. prints with, and a bond was formed.

Over the next couple of years, I added some great stuff to my collection. My favorite Bruce Lee film was The Chinese Connection. It came as a 4 x 400 foot digest (runs over an hour). The great thing about it is that it is letterboxed. It wasnt that hard to re-dub, as most scenes were intact. I also obtained a 4 x 400 foot version of Return of the Dragon, which is also letterboxed. Another was The Drunken Master, which I believe was Jackie Chan's first big martial arts movie (before he was "Americanized").

I also recieved some 2x400 foot digests to stuff that still isnt available in English, so there just in storage.

If I can get back in touch with my contact, I'll try to find out if he's still interested in trading stuff. Nick.

Agnello Guarracino
Junior

- posted August 05, 2003 03:44 AM      Profile for Agnello Guarracino   Email Agnello Guarracino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a fair collection of UFA prints, but the jewel of my collection is my full length Enter The Dragon, which is scope and also fully uncut, I have been led to believe that this is quite rare.

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2003 09:46 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,

here in Germany Ufa has released the following titels of Bruce Lee

Todesgrüsse aus Shanghai (Sorry but I dont know the original titel of this) as a 4 x 400 ft Version

Big Boss 4 x 400 ft. Version
The way of the dragon 4 x 400 ft Version
The game of death 4 x 400 ft Version
Enter the dragon as a 4 x 400 ft Version and a 1 x 400 version
(I think the 400 ft version includes some scenes they are not in the fourparter, so you can cut these in and get a longer version)

Your german game of death has 3 x 400 ft ??? and the fight is to short??? I think the last part is missing ???

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2003 09:47 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,

here in Germany Ufa has released the following titels of Bruce Lee

Todesgrüsse aus Shanghai (Sorry but I dont know the original titel of this) as a 4 x 400 ft Version

Big Boss 4 x 400 ft. Version
The way of the dragon 4 x 400 ft Version
The game of death 4 x 400 ft Version
Enter the dragon as a 4 x 400 ft Version and a 1 x 400 version
(I think the 400 ft version includes some scenes they are not in the fourparter, so you can cut these in and get a longer version)

Your german game of death has 3 x 400 ft ??? and the fight is to short??? I think the last part is missing ???

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 05, 2003 08:45 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. Thanks for all the replies. Actually the Game of Death is 4x400 and it is missing the fight scene with the Hapkido expert for some reason. It is not cut out of the film, I believe it was transferred this way!

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2003 04:16 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I have had also the 400ft version of "Enter the Dragon", the sharp isn´t good as the sharp of the fourparter. Also there are no important and not long scenes which can be included in the fourparter.

So it isn´t good to cut any little inch in the fourparter it would be disturbing.

Andreas Eggeling

PS: The original english hongkong title of "Todesgrüsse in Shanghai" is "Fist of Fury".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC