8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Creature from the Black Lagoon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Creature from the Black Lagoon
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 04, 2003 07:31 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any film buffs living near Tallahassee Florida may be interested to know that there is going to be a "Creature from the Black Lagoon" film festival at Wakkulah Springs State Park this coming weekend Nov 7,8,9. "Creature from the Black Lagoon" was filmed in the crystal clear waters of Wakullah springs where you can see clearly down to 200ft. Julia Adams, who was the very attractive lead actress in the picture, and Ben Chapman who did the underwater creature scenes, will be on hand to autograph posters, pictures, and (no doubt!) Universal 8 movie boxes. They are going to show all the Creature series of films on an outdoor movie screen. I don't know if they will be showing "Black Lagoon" in the 3D version ( which was released as a 400ft 3D digest on Super 8 by Universal 8). I visited Wakullah park last Sunday, and the Creature films and LLoyd Bridges' Sea Hunt TV films are given a lot of coverage in the tour with the glass bottom boats. They even point out the underwater ledge where Ben Chapman and Julia Adams concealed their air tanks for the underwater scenes.
I have the 3D Universal 8 400ft digest, but unfortunatly fading of the colour print has reduced the 3D effect, due to inadequate image separation with the red and blue filters. It would be nice if Derann or Classic would re-release this film , either full length, or the 400ft 3D version. I'm sure a lot of collectors would like to purchase a new print of this classic film.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2003 06:33 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul.
'Creature' 400ft 3D was screened in the new releases section of the recent BFFC in London. In fact the creature pointed the way to the cinema and appeared at the top of the 24ft scope screen wearing a pair of 3D glasses.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 06, 2003 01:10 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mal,
Do you know if the CFBL print shown at the BFCC was an old Universal 8 400 footer, or are new prints of the 3D 400ft digest now available from somewhere?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2003 02:12 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was the original Universal 8 400ft. The best 3D I've seen on Super 8 too.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2003 03:00 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Paul, I wasn't able to access the forum for a few days.
John, thanks for answering the question.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC