8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Having a Little Ceaser...help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Having a Little Ceaser...help!
D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2004 02:02 PM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you guys know about a 3 X 400 foot edition of Little Ceaser with Edward G. Robinson? It's an Italian import from a company who's intials are I.E. I really want to know more about the company and their quality as I already know about the history of the film itself. A pal of mine waved this under my nose and a super 8 nut in Australia almost wet himself when he heard my pal had a print of this. I have a feeling the company is/was a superior one that released nothing but rare high quality prints.

|  IP: Logged

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2004 02:21 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
D´Arcy,

the full name of the company is "IE-International", their address was, "via bissolati 22, 20125 Milano, Italy".

I have "Sandokan" (TV) with Kabir Bedi and Carole André.
The prints are still very execellent. True colors, no picture movement and very sharp. The prints are made 1977 on Kodak Acetat stock. [Big Grin]

But I also have had other titles of this company with faded color on pre striped stock. [Embarrassed]

I have a lot of other italian prints (Techno, IE, Avo). My experience is that italian prints still in very good condition if they are NOT printed on pre-striped filmstock.

I´ve seen also "caribbean" [Roll Eyes] full length prints from italy. Most times color faded, picture movement, not sharp, etc. etc. The captain [Roll Eyes] didn´t done a good work.

visit following italien web page for more information about italian super8 films.

Andreas

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2004 03:20 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little Ceasar/Adventures of Ringo/History of Aviation were issued by this outfit in the late 70s.They came in nice plastic cases. My LC is faded,Ringo has gone red(I offered it for a dollar once on the forum!)and HoA has four half filled reels-not good value.Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2004 04:30 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little Caesar is quite a good print. Public Enemy with Jimmy Cagney 3x400 was also released by them and the copy I had was a bit soft in places. Derann imported some of these titles in the mid 1980s along with Scarface full feature. Scarface was a Univeral 8 release and is an excellent print.Keith Wilton's old film review magazine reviewed them when they were released.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC