8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Why a GS1200 (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Why a GS1200
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2004 01:47 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ehemm.... Tony was you talking about...?? [Big Grin]

[ March 09, 2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Ugo Grassi ]

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2004 04:14 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, please spare us all before Newell mentions that filum again that goes by the name of The Reos, sorry the Roes,,no its the Sore, or the Orse...just can't bring myself to say Rose

Close down this winding thread!

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2004 05:27 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to know whether a Elmo GS 1200 could make an old bat like Bette Midler look and sound like Kylie Minogue.

Mind you I think John Clancy may have you use a bucket load of wax on his lens for that.

I didn't mention The ****. I usual don't it is Anthony who brings it up.

By the way why dont Derann bring out the undie ad of Kylie on 8.

Its worth watching repeatable and wouldnt break the bank.

I would buy two copies.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2004 02:14 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So to conclude the thread, the GS-1200 is the best Super 8 projector ever produced.

Glad we got there in the end.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 10, 2004 04:49 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that depends on what you base your criteria John.
Outright reliability might not pan out and also say a bauer is lovely and quiet, it all depends what floats your boat really.
I met a chap with 4 all on the blink in one way or another,
They undoubtably are a fine machine but what tit decided to keep fitting them with at least 4 plastic parts that wear and scratch one after the other over time some fairly quickly.

Mike can you check your wizards.
best Mark.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2004 01:45 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll hold your coat Mark.

Whether the Elmo GS1200 is the best projector ever produced is
a personal choice for each collector to decide.

Whether this particular projector at over 20 years old and at least secondhand to buy represents true value for money is a point of conjecture and as the old adage goes:-

Pay your money take your chance except in the case of the GS it is a lot more money.

Here we go again [Roll Eyes]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2004 03:02 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reliability certainly is an issue. If the GS kept breaking down I wouldn't put up with them. However, given there is no other machine like it I'd be faced with giving up the hobby. I don't think I could step down to a lesser machine having worked up to the top.

Mine rarely put the slightest mark on a print despite the plastic parts.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 11, 2004 04:07 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They certainly do, do a fantastic job with the picture.
I remember putting a print through a 600 foot elmo 100 watt, 1.3 etc and then putting it through a fumeo and I couldn`t believe it. It was like looking at a totally different film.
Just amazing how different a print can look on a top machine.
Now how a print must look on a GS Xenon with a two blade shutter must be someting else but if I paid more than say £400 for a projector I`d be soon taking a trip to single city thats for sure.
Though I must be honest I was tempted by the nice and affordable Fumeo Xenon at classic this week but as only after a machine for optical I think that was gong a bit far for my needs.
Very tempting though in a credit card sort of way.
Best Mark.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 11, 2004 11:25 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fumeo Xenon at Classic? Please...tell all! Is it still available? I am very interested in this machine! [Smile]

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2004 12:52 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No doubt you are very skilled at fixing, replacing and repairing
parts as required but there does come a time when reality has to kick in. We are not all professional projectionists or have a mechanical/electrical engineering background.

[Confused]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 11, 2004 01:06 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan as of today it was sounds very good for the dosh, spare lamp too. Maybe they can send you some pics.
Best Mark.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2004 01:57 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ZZZZZZZzzzzzz
ZZZZZZzzzzzz
ZZZZZZZzzzzzz
ZZZZZZzzzzz [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Tony

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 11, 2004 02:27 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say lets all buy ST1200HD'S, [Wink] [Big Grin]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2004 03:05 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, haven't been able to post to this thread yet, all my times' been taken up fixing the GS 1200. In fact haven't got time to write any more, I think it'll be due for fixing again right about now!

Bye [Wink]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2004 03:43 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Soon going to be 100 Mark and you will be an expert [Cool]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 11, 2004 04:19 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`ll be a what, an expert, well isn`t that nice.
Maybe a bit too pretentious for me.
How about a moderate enthusiast instead.
Best Mark.
Oh and a Hunky Studmuffin as well. ( I wish )

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2004 04:24 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight could be the night!!

I hear a bell ringing Clarence.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 11, 2004 04:31 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need guidance on this one MIke.
best Mark.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2004 04:38 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It a Wonderful Life Jimmy Stewart etc the angel called Clarence gets his wings. Every time an angel gets his waings a bell rings.

Ive only watched the film twice bored me to tears.

I just kept wishing old Jimmy would get out of Bedford Falls.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 11, 2004 06:04 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the only clarence I could think of was that thing with Ronnie Barker, well at least I think it was clarence, pretty good if I remember rightly.
And yes my 100 bell has rung so I`ve reached a sort of whittering standard.
Looks like that Milman chap has been dozing off again. Wake up Tony and sing us a song.
best Mark.
Ps just had an email of someone who is buying a GS for £375 with extras,now thats what I like to hear a sensible price.
It has got a fault mind !!!!!

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2004 06:14 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buy it quick its a reel bargain.

Make the cheque out to me

Thanks

Mike

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 16, 2004 05:27 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Its the Mike and Mark GS show!!! Yes I have to say that its a shame about the little green parts on the GS designed by those "Tits" in Japan which just happen to be the same as on the ST 600, 180 etc, see where I'm coming from Oh Wise man Toddy of the North! [Wink]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2004 05:37 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked Ian did he have any projectors today.

Only bloody GS 1200's. He offered to file the numbers off for me
so I wouldnt notice but I bet he would post here [Roll Eyes]

I think they were £50.00 each something called a xenon mean't nothing to a peasant like me!!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 16, 2004 05:42 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev have you seen a chinon 9500, I need some advice on this matter.
best Mark.
PS I`ll ring Ian in the morning and offer £55 see if that swings it.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2004 05:44 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He back from his hols so he needs the money.

Do give generously.

Did Kylie come out okay?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC