8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Shivers Cronenberg

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shivers Cronenberg
Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 04:21 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know who released this one?

My guess is Iver Films. Did they also release Scanners

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3394578216&category=1476

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2004 04:06 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Mike, I'm surprised at you, all your years in the 8mm collecting scene and not knowing who released "Shivers" (and come to think of it "Rabid" too!) on 8mm. It was Major8Movies, who also brought us the delights of the so called sex comedies of "The Adventures of...." series of films. Major8Movies highlight still has to be "Kentucky Fried Movie" which they released a 400ft edition from the film together with the complete section entitled "A Fistful Of Kung Fu" which ran for about 15 minutes, which was a p*** take of all the Kung Fu movies in general, and now is very rare on 8mm.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2004 06:25 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't watch them all like you Barry.

Wasn't my interest so I didnt pay much attention
to them.

Did they do the Koo Stark movie as well? [Razz]

Thanks for the information.

Mike

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2004 06:53 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Mike, no it was Walton who did the Koo Stark movie, I think they put it out through their Esquire label, I think! (sexy films, they didn't want to ruin their image.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2004 03:08 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was "A Fistful of Yen" Barry. It was a mickey take of "Enter The Dragon" with a bit of "The Wizard of Oz" thrown in at the end. And it was cut. The sequence where our hero is caught by a searchlight so he stops and gives as a hand shadow show in the beam is missing. Shame.

The other 400ft extract to "Kentucky Fried Movie" contains the cinema skit where the punter is given a show in "Feelarama". He takes his seat and is attended by an usher who gives him all the senses and smells of what is happening on the screen. We don't see the screen, only hear the action. Eventually he has a knife to his throat but manages to survive the movie. The announcer then asks patrons to remain seated for the next show "Deep Thoat"!!!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC