8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » cinemascope lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cinemascope lens
Chris Drumma
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2005 06:44 AM      Profile for Chris Drumma   Email Chris Drumma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone recommend a good lense for my ELMO ST600 projector? Also where to get one. Another question is is possible to watch a scope film with a regular lense.
thanks
Chris

|  IP: Logged

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2005 08:47 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll need to make a scope lens adapter before you can attach a scope lens to a ST-600. I had one years ago and my friend made one. After that, pretty much any scope lens will do (Kowa, Sankor, etc).

You can watch a scope print without a scope lens - however, everything is squeezed - so that everything will look very tall and thin etc.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 29, 2005 10:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's really neat about these scope lenses, is that you can attach them to your video cameras, and actually shoot your home video's in cinemascope, THEN, with your projection television, (if you have one), you can put that lense in from of your projection TV and watch them in beautiful scope!! I have done a number of nature films in preparation for shooting my second feature film (sci-fi) on digital video, (highest line of resolution), and it looks like I'll be able to convert it the actual film, the quality is so good, (and, affordable, tape wise!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2005 11:00 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try it on Super 8 film - even better!

--------------------
Tim

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 29, 2005 03:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your right, years ago, I shot some kodachrome of my home town, also some ektachrome I remember the ekta was slightly grainy, but the koda was VERY SHARP. But for the film, I'll be using the digital video. When it comns to editing and verything else, putting together a film (on a low budget) is much easier with digital film than with actual film.

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2005 04:16 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shoot super 8 cinemascope all the time, using my Kowa lens and old Yashica super 8 camera. The shots are challenging, but when you get it just right, well, the results are breath-taking!

Nick.

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2005 04:30 PM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are right: that breathtaking shot is worth waiting for.

More than half my footage is shot in scope, with both a Kowa and Canon 518SV, and a Sankor and a Minolta Autopak. Both give great results.

--------------------
Tim

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 30, 2005 11:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used my scope lense for Yellowstone one year and even today the footage is still breathtaking of the falls and such. The wide screen really DOES add that extra impact!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC