8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Elmo GS1200...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Elmo GS1200...
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 30, 2006 09:43 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I get contacted by this gentlemen who says he has a new in the box GS-1200 for sale..was I interested. I say, "Sure..I'll come and look at it."
I get there and lo and behold..it is brand new. The box is a little beat up but inside is the GS, Plastic around the machine, Microphone, Stand, Cleaning Kit, Brushes, Manual, Warranty Card, Leather case, Remote, all in unused condition. And on the bottom of the box is the original hang tag with the price from Elmo..in Japanese Yen.
What an incredible find. So we start it up and its one of the quietest GS's I have ever heard. Wow. No crackles, pops or hisses.
So.. I have him holding it and I will place mine on Ebay soon!
Just wanted to share. Oh..its a series 2 machine that is Dual Voltage.
Once I get it I will take some pictures and post them.
Incredible..this machine.

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 30, 2006 10:06 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why??
Why couldn't this gentleman have talked to me first!!??

[Big Grin]

But wow, what a find. [Smile] Hope to see some pictures of it once you get your hands on it...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2006 11:38 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,

At what point did you wake up? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 31, 2006 04:02 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it wasn't a dream, congratulations! Having had a somewhat comparable experience, I can imagine the feeling, but to find a remote as well as a mint projector and all the accessories is just amazing. Did you discover what the story was behind this machine, and how it ended up in the USA?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2006 06:14 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,
I too picked-up a brand new and sealed GS1200 a couple of years ago from a photographic shop in the USA. I had it shipped to me in the UK and as it's a 110v machine use a stepdown transformer here. It just goes to show that if you seek you will find [Smile]
Good luck with it and enjoy!
Ricky

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 31, 2006 09:10 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was told it was one of 3 that were found in...guess where? A Saudi Arabia Flea Market! I asked him why he didn't grab all three and he told me that the buyer could only carry 2. You know they do weigh almost 40 lbs a piece! :0

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 31, 2006 10:33 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Alan! That's almost as good as winning the Power Ball! What is the impact of importing something from Saudi Arabia into the USA these days? I mean do you need to get this projector checked out by 'The Department of Homeland Security'? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2006 02:59 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
you luckly man alan.what a smashing find.andy.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2006 06:37 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,

So is the second one available?! I'm in New York City too and would love to find a partner for my GS1200 who sadly has to sit side by side with an ST800! Any lead on a second one would be appreciated.

Carlos Plaza
Junior

- posted April 05, 2006 07:35 PM      Profile for Carlos Plaza   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Plaza   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Alan...Best of luck with your new projector! I hope you will be as happy with it as I am with the Eumig 824 that I bought from you. By the way, the standard 8 sound on that 824 is as good as with Super 8. Worked out great!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC