8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Steve Osborne - The Reel Image

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steve Osborne - The Reel Image
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2009 10:57 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard and read so many nice things about Mr. Osborne and his "Reel Image", but there doesn't seem to be a website. Does he have one? If you "Google" him - it's terrific that you don't see one unkind word about him - so nice to see this in our hobby - truly wonderful.

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2009 12:44 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While there is no web site he does have an email

thereelimage_043 at yahoo.com

There are regular ads in the Classic Image and they are connected to Derann.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2009 01:42 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

You are right Steve is a very nice man, but don't expect a quick answer from your emails, I've got the feeling Steve is not too hot on the PC side of things, hence no website, you can leave messages on his 24 Hour answerphone, and he even has a FAX line.
If you would like either number then email me and I'll send them to you, and as you live in the U.S. he should get back to you on any enquiry pretty quickly (once he gets in from work, that is!).

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 23, 2009 01:14 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't extol the merits of Steve Osborne enough - Friendship, Courtesy, Respect, Care and Top-Quality is only the beginning - This gentleman should be given an award (if film people had one), for above and beyond dealership to the collector - He has helped me numerous times and I remain a long-term contributor and supporter to REEL-IMAGE - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 23, 2009 10:51 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second Joe's kind words.

I, as well, can't say enough good words about Steve Osbourne. There are those who are pleasant enough, being in the business, and they are quite fine as well ...

... but Steve Osbourne is amazing in his generosity towards the collector. He goes well out of his way to go abovew and beyond the call of duty, and I find his friendship as one of those great cherished things.

... and his magazine is top notch!!

I also second Barry's comments. He's not your modern sort of fella; he prefers to write a letter and will reply to e-mails, but he is also an incredibly busy fellow!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2009 11:38 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve is an A1 guy! He is not very computer savvy,which makes me like him even more. He has done so much to keep this hobby alive.

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2009 03:51 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can only "ditto" the comments that have been made regarding Steve. I have only known him since 2005 when I subscribed to the magazine.

I was invited to a show and was so inspired I now have a cinema in my basement which I enjoy so much! Steve and I have become very good friends. He's TOPS in my book when it comes to this hobby!

I too took the 'video' road in the late 80's and thought that super 8 film was washed up...I was amazed how alive it was when I found the REEL IMAGE!

Give him a call!!

Bill

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 24, 2009 04:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention another of the plus's when dealing with Steve (besides the fact that he cleans all his films with his cleaner before he even ships it) is this ...

While you can order the occasional new super 8 releases (coming out of Germany) through Classic Home Cinema (another good company) ...

However, you can order those same features through Steve Osbourne and you will save a good deal of money, sometimes in the HUNDREDS!! I don't want to take any business away from CHC, but for american collectors, Steve saves a "boatload" of money!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 25, 2009 07:58 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to get him over to Cinefest and talk about starting an 8mm con, along those lines - I've said it often and enough that we have many members would would be interested

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2009 08:31 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does one find CHC on the web?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 25, 2009 09:51 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, if you go to the sales section of the forum, there is a section up top that lists assorted super 8 sellers. CHC is listed; just click the link!

--------------------

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2009 09:34 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, click on the link below.

Classic Home Cinema

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC