8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My GS1200 Face lift surgery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My GS1200 Face lift surgery
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 30, 2010 02:50 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks,

You must remember my whole story of The ugliest GS1200 written last year.

Although it was bought for a very cheap price but the cosmetical condition was so terrible making me at the end of story to write:

quote:
Can I re-paint the ugly part? Do I need to remove the original pain with sand paper? Can Ugo give me a clue how to paint it.
Ugo has given me a clue to fix it to include how to salvage all small letters and panels. But it was too technical for me and will take so much time.

At the end, I was thinking to just to do wild painting where all letters and panels will be covered by new paint. But then the Ebay UK gave me some hopes when someone listed this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320530731283&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX: IT

(For a future reference below is the screen shot)

-

It was with buy it now for GBP 9.99 which I of course quickly clicked it. Now these parts are already with me. The down side of these parts is only the missing "GS 1200" logo. But that is not a big deal since I can take that logo from the ugliest one.

So the next step is to take out all those dirty parts to be replaced by these clean parts. Therefore, all letters and panels are safe.

With this face lift surgery, there will be 2 * GS1200 in my possession following the previous story of My other GS1200

I am happy with this hunting experience [Cool] [Wink]

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 30, 2010 03:25 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Find, Winbert!

Does that machine run well?

I remember at the time we were concerned about boards and switches being damaged by oxidation.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 01, 2010 08:35 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve,

The machine is running well.

I am happy that the machine will have a beautiful cosmetic condition after the next surgery. [Razz]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 01, 2010 09:30 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's....Alllliiiiive!!!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2010 09:31 PM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great find at a great price ...

Post pics once its done !

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 03, 2010 06:33 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Great find at a great price ...
Roy, this is what I like with this hobby, beside enjoying the films itself, sometime we get some surprise through hunting and our persistence... [Wink]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC