8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Question about a drive belt for Eumig 926 projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about a drive belt for Eumig 926 projector
Paul Brandes
Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2010 01:41 AM      Profile for Paul Brandes   Email Paul Brandes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I have been searching on the net for a replacement drive belt for my Eumig 926 GL projector. I wasnt sure if the same belt is used for any other of the 900 series Eumig but I would be grateful if anyone on this forum could please tell me where I could buy one.

Thank you

Regards

Paul

|  IP: Logged

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2010 04:29 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Paul, yes it's the same belt as any other 900 series model. But that's not something I would lose my sleep on if I were you: I've used this machine since 1990 and the belt never failed: it's really tough! But if you really want one, I guess you might be better off by purchasing a model 905 (bottom of the range) which shares a lot of the 926's mechanics, perhaps even the shutter and its cam/claw arm assembly.

--------------------
Maurizio

Paul Brandes
Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2010 04:57 AM      Profile for Paul Brandes   Email Paul Brandes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurizio

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortuneately mine broke and I have to find a replacement.I thought the 926 shared many similar parts and design to other 900 series projectors. So far though, all I have found is an ebay seller offering 932, and 912 belts which I assume will fit the 926. I have emailed them to ask.

Regards

Paul

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2010 10:18 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they will. But how come your belt broke?!!

--------------------
Maurizio

Paul Brandes
Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2010 03:20 PM      Profile for Paul Brandes   Email Paul Brandes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurizio,

I was cleaning some dirt from the bottom drive wheel the belt goes around and attempted to move it slightly out of the way over to the adjacent drive wheel when it snapped. I did manage to repair the belt and re-fit it. It worked for about 15 minutes before breaking again.

Regards

Paul

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC