8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo dualux 1000 Belts and manual (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Sankyo dualux 1000 Belts and manual
Steven Bone
Junior

- posted April 26, 2011 09:55 PM      Profile for Steven Bone   Email Steven Bone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all. I'm a new member! Looks to be a great forum.

My father and my father-in-law both took home movies, on both 8 and super-8. I have a great projector for standard 8, but the Sanko super-8 projector is in need of (at least) belt replacement.

It seems that ebay sellers are selling standard o-rings as belts for this unit (and probably others), and since I need to place a McMaster Carr order anyway, was wondering if anyone had the details on the orings that I should order.

I don't have a manual for the Sankyo, either, and was wondering if anyone happens to have an English copy of it (there is a Spanish one online) and/or the service manual. I have the capabilities of scanning the manual also, so if someone has a paper copy, I would be more than happy to pay for shipping both ways, scan, upload, and return the original for our fellow users.

Ultimately, I'd like to digitize my films in case of future degradation, but I'll first scan and search the forums on that topic before asking for equipment and advise on that topic!

Thanks for the assistance!

Steve

|  IP: Logged

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2011 08:02 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Steven,

Welcome to the Forum - Send me your email address to jaddams55 at hotmail dot com and I will send you a PDF file for the Sankyo 1000 projector.

I will also send the the belt dimentions for the O-Ring.

Jon

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2011 10:31 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven: Once you get the dimensions for the O ring, you can go to the hardware store and get a replacement...no need to buy online although online they are pretty reasonable. Home Depot or Menards or other big box stores won't do. You need to go to a store that has the drawers full of rings that you can buy individually.

Jennifer Roberts
Junior

- posted December 16, 2011 04:24 PM      Profile for Jennifer Roberts   Email Jennifer Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. Were you able to find out what type of belt that you need to buy? I have just received a Sankyo Dualax 1000 and there is no belt in the projector and nothing in the documentation which tells me what size belt to buy.

--------------------
Thanks,
Jennifer

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2011 02:20 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just go this route. I've bought from him and he sells good products. In the future if you search Ebay for stuff for your machine, it is DUALUX, not DUALAX.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sankyo-Dualux-1000-Movie-Projector-Motor-Drive-Belt-NEW-/180766516648?pt=US_Movie_Slide_Projectors&hash=item2a168625a8

Steven Bone
Junior

- posted December 19, 2011 07:45 PM      Profile for Steven Bone   Email Steven Bone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have the o-ring size, but I do have a manual (thanks to Jon Addams). If you also need that, please let me know and I'll email it to you. As Barry suggested, order from the ebay seller - I don't think you can find this size o-ring at most local places, the price quoted is not much more than you'd pay for the oring anyway.

Joseph Webre
Junior

- posted December 26, 2011 05:49 PM      Profile for Joseph Webre   Email Joseph Webre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too am interested in obtaining a manual for a Sankyo Dualux 1000 8mm Projector. I went to www.film-tech.com but they had only the Sankyo 800 manual.

Joseph Webre
Junior

- posted January 03, 2012 08:38 AM      Profile for Joseph Webre   Email Joseph Webre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve for a copy of the manual. With your permission I Emailed a copy to Brad Miller for him to include in his warehouse at www.film-tech.com.

Nick Whitehead
Junior

- posted March 03, 2012 05:11 AM      Profile for Nick Whitehead   Email Nick Whitehead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be very interested to get hold of a copy of this English Sankyo Dualux manual if it were still available. It does not seem to be in the warehouse at the moment and the only internet one I have found is not English.

I have a very old Dualux 1000 I have converted into a Telecine transfer machine. See www.nightshade-arts.co.uk/telecine/index.html if interested in the details.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 03, 2012 10:46 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet Brad doesn't post the manual. I have sent him 12 over the past year and he hasn't posted any. He is very busy with digital changeover or something. [Wink]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 03, 2012 12:47 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check you email Nick.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Nick Whitehead
Junior

- posted March 04, 2012 01:03 AM      Profile for Nick Whitehead   Email Nick Whitehead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! got it, great!

Tracy Spence
Junior

- posted March 29, 2012 09:13 AM      Profile for Tracy Spence   Email Tracy Spence   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I am also looking for the manual for the Sankyo 1000. Found my dads old projector, and the belt had perished - so bought a replacement. Anyone have any ideas how to get the blooming thing on - can get it on the bottom pulley, but not enough clearance to get it on the top one. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Steven Bone
Junior

- posted March 29, 2012 09:28 AM      Profile for Steven Bone   Email Steven Bone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tracy, I also bought a replacement belt, and have not tried to install them yet (too many other projects). I am still looking for a service manual and have been unsuccessful thus far.

This site has two people who posted instructions, please let us know which one (if any) help you out the most.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 29, 2012 05:55 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have posted a video on how to change the belt on the Sankyo Dualux 1000....Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog95Djbtpc&feature=youtu.be

-

--------------------
Janice

Tracy Spence
Junior

- posted May 18, 2012 03:16 AM      Profile for Tracy Spence   Email Tracy Spence   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got the belt on easy enough. Watched this video afterwards but on my projector there wasn't any clearance between the top pulley to get the belt on. I had to remove a cover on the RHS by removing 4 screws, this gave enough clearance and popping on the belt just took a couple of seconds.
Thanks for all the help, projector going a treat.

Lois Moore
Junior

- posted July 14, 2012 07:36 PM      Profile for Lois Moore   Email Lois Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I also have just got out my dad's old projector but no manual for it. Can someone email the Sanko Dualux 1000 manual, it would be greatly appreciated. Can not wait to share my old movies with my husband and daughter.

--------------------
Lois Moore

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 14, 2012 08:08 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM me with your email address and I'll send you a manual.

--------------------
Janice

Joe Hasek
Junior

- posted October 26, 2012 03:57 AM      Profile for Joe Hasek   Email Joe Hasek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,
My name is Joe and I'm new to this forum,in fact I joined because I recently came across a few reels of standard and super 8mm film that my father took between 1965ish to 1977ish.
Luckily I was able to find and buy a unused and boxed Sankyo Dualux 1000 that someone on the net had in their loft for forty odd years which they sold me for £24, a total bargain I think.
The belt was so badly perished I firstly thought that it was in fact very sticky and oily red licorice that I was picking up off the carpet,which baffled me for half an hour as my son is in the US at the mo and my wife was not a licorice eater.
I eventually opened the beast and found more of the stuff around the pulley!it then dawned on me.As I'm writeing this a new belt has come in the post, which thanks to your belt replacement video I will replacing as soon as I finish this mail.
The reason I'm contacting you is that I noticed that you seem to have a rare manual for the Sankyo Dualux 1000,would it be possible for you to also let me have a copy,You would make me extremely happy if you could as I have been wondering about the content on the reels I have for many years now and do not want to chance ruining them without knowing how to load them correctly,that the manual will hopefully show.
If all goes well I will let you know and convert any interesting bits I find, thats if there are in fact any? I'll put a snippet on Youtube & post a link in the forum for anyone wanting a nostalgic view of the past.
All the best, Joe Hasek.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 26, 2012 10:11 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe...Welcome to the forum. Just PM me with your email address and I'll get the manual to you.

--------------------
Janice

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 26, 2012 10:32 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah just gotta love this forum! What a bunch of great people. Now if only the government ran this smooth [Big Grin]

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2012 06:51 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was the only difference between 1000 and 2000 Sankyo Dualux...the bulb?

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 28, 2012 02:32 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sankyo 1000H is basically the 1000 with a halogen bulb. But the 2000H has differences. On the 2000H the autofeed lever engages automatically when the selector switch is put in forward...opposed to a manual lever on the 1000. The 2000H has speed settings for STILL.NORMAL..SLOW MOTION in addition to the variable speed rheostat. I find that over the years the 2000H picture remains pretty stable, where as the 1000 tends to develop the jitters.

-

[ October 28, 2012, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2012 03:13 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,
Thanx, for the info and insight . I assuming that neither machine has multi-voltage settings.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 28, 2012 04:01 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My electrical knowledge is minuscule, but the Super8 Database states:

Sankyo 1000
power source: 110-125-160-200-220-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 130 W

Sankyo 2000H
power source: 110-125-160-200-220-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 170 W

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC