Registered: Jun 2003
posted November 08, 2011 06:54 PM
The second track serves several purposes:
1. It maintains flatness of the film in the projector gate, so as to ensure uniform focus across the width of the projected picture.
2. It ensures flat wind up of the film on the film spools
3. It enables music and dialogue to be assembled, mixed, and played back on the separate tracks. This is very important in creative film work.
4. It enables stereophonic sound to be recorded and played back on the projector.
5. It enables optional dual language sound tracks and optional special features commentary to be recorded on the film and played back.
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
| IP: Logged