8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Length of INTOLERANCE and BIRTH OF A NATION?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Length of INTOLERANCE and BIRTH OF A NATION?
Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2011 09:12 AM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang, I've got a copy of both INTOLERANCE and BIRTH...both on Reg. 8mm with soundtracks, and I'd like to perhaps post them on Ebay since they never sold here on the forum, but without the means to look at them properly I want to be sure they're complete. INT is on four 600' Bonum reels, and BIRTH is on three 600' Bonum reels. Does that sound about right?

|  IP: Logged

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2011 05:36 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any thoughts?

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2011 05:58 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joseph
an 1800 foot BOTN is most likely the 1932 re-release version and could be complete. It ran about 100 minutes and was released on 10 x 200 ft reels so perhaps if combined would fit on 3 very full 600 footers.

Your 4 x 600 foot Intolerence is probably a Niles or Thunderbird print if the reels don't look completely full. If the reels look like they are are full out to the absolute edges it could be a complete Blackhawk

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2011 06:37 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Dino, thanks a bunch for the reply. Very helpful! Yup, I can see the Blackhawk logo on the head to the first reel of INTOLERANCE, and the reels are indeed very full. And BOTN is likewise on very full reels. Awesome. Thanks!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC