8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » WANTED: Lens for an Elmo FP-A or known substitute lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED: Lens for an Elmo FP-A or known substitute lens
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 08, 2011 04:31 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before I put my recently acquired Elmo FP-A projector in my ever-growing pile of "non-working" projectors, I'm seeing if anyone on this forum has a lens they could sell me...knows where I can get one...or perhaps knows a substitute lens I can look for. The Elmo FP-A is such a "cute" little projector (must be a girl thing) and it IS running. However, I was sorely disappointed to discover the lens has the dreaded "clouded-lens" syndrome :-(. I had never heard of "lens fungus" before joining this forum. Anyway...any suggestions gladly taken.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2011 06:45 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Janice,

I have a couple of dozens Elmo lenses laying around here but I have no idea which one may fit the FP-A. Perhaps if you post the specs and a couple of pictures, including one of the front, I can see if I can match one.

I looked at the FP-A in the Super 8mm Database, and I believe I have lenses similar to the one in the picture but I couldn't tell with certainty.

Best wishes,

Jon

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 08, 2011 09:39 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jon,
Here are photos of the lens.

1. The front section housing is 1.8" long and approx. 1.4" in diameter.
2. The rear section housing is 1.0" long and 1" in diameter.
3. It's a F:1.3 f=20~32mm zoom lens
4. The number on the lens is No.634379

-

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 12, 2011 04:50 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jon...I can't thank you enough. I got the replacement lens you sent and it's perfect....nice and clear. The projector is complete now...nothing like having my first Elmo :-)

-

--------------------
Janice

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2011 06:52 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,

Happy to have been of help [Smile] [Smile] .

Best wishes,

Jon

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC