8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » O RINGS Motor belts from £1.20

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: O RINGS Motor belts from £1.20
Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2012 08:34 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
If you need any size o ring motor belts for any kinds of projector. You can order them via this company in u-k for just £1.20 and £2.20 +£1.50 u-k postage .This is much cheaper than dealer prices of over £8.00 .I hope it helps .I ordered my motor belts and they are fantastic. If you require any other size belts you can phone them and they will help you either make them for you or have them in ready in stocks.
They accept paypal as well.
Regards
Leon
http://www.bearingstation.co.uk/products/O_Rings/Viton_O_Ring_-_Metric

|  IP: Logged

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2012 09:55 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for finding this company. I've got so many different projectors and this will save me a fortune.

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2012 04:14 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul ,
You welcome,if you have any problem or questions ,just phone them .They are very helpful and the postage is only £1.50 for as many as you order.
Regards
Leon [Smile]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 25, 2012 04:16 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do we need to cut the belt to fit our projector's requirement ?

If so, how we stick the two ends together?

--------------------
Winbert

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2012 05:45 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Winbert,
No you don’t have to cut your projector belt .You have to just measure the cross section and width of your belt. My projector belt s was 55mm -3mm width .This Company has many many different motor belt sizes .Just go to their o- ring sections on the left hand side of their home page and find the correct size motor belt for your projector. Make sure the belt is not too tight for your projector motor. Good luck mate it will save you lots of money if you buy few, as the postage is same £1.50 for what ever amount of belts you order in UK, although I don’t know the cost of postage to USA.
Have a look at e.bay prices for the motor belts and compare it to £1.20 any size belt you order from this company. Good luck
Regards
Leon

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 25, 2012 05:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon, I don't know how to measure my projector belts. but I am using Elmo ST-1200. Are you using the same projector?

Or can someone post here what is the measurement for ST-1200 please (for all 3 belts, i.e main belt, and two pulley belts)

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2012 04:16 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert,
IF you can just remove the belts from your projector and measure it a cross and put the belt back in your projector again.The belts I bought was for Bell and Howell and 16mm elf projector.However, they have belts to suit any projector.Good luck
Regards
Leon

Iain Anderson
Junior

- posted February 01, 2012 07:02 AM      Profile for Iain Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Iain Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,
My Name is Iain and I work for Bearing Station we are based in Fife, Scotland. As has been stated in the post we can send out worldwide. If your country is not listed on the website(We are adding more destinations) then you can email me sales@bearingstation.co.uk and I will be happen to help either advising you on what product you may need or with a carriage cost. Carriage to USA/Canada on O Rings would be roughly a Few Pounds. We can accept Paypal and Card Payments.

Regards

Iain Anderson

Bearing Station

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 01, 2012 09:21 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a good source.

Can we know collect belt measurements of any projectors so we have a list that we can refer when ordering to Ian

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2012 09:39 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, I could see using these to replace hard to find belts; but why don't you just order a set of the original square Elmo belts for your ST1200? They are not too expensive and available from a few different sellers.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 01, 2012 09:43 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did already Joe. I ordered 3 set for Elmo ST-1200 from "needitgone" for something $24.

But I have several Elmos lying around and if it is only few pounds why not. I just don't know which belt should I order for SI-1200 since there are too many in the above site.

--------------------
Winbert

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2012 08:45 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert ,
I be grateful if you let me have the e.mail address of 'needitgone' for the belts.Thank
regards
leon

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 03, 2012 09:17 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leon, a PM is just sent with the email address.

--------------------
Winbert

Iain Anderson
Junior

- posted February 16, 2012 10:05 AM      Profile for Iain Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Iain Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is a good source.

Can we know collect belt measurements of any projectors so we have a list that we can refer when ordering to Ian

We would be looking at that in the future where possible.

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2012 10:25 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Ian,
I have posted you a letter around two weeks ago with a belt to see if you have similar belt .However,I am still waiting for your e.mail Thank you
Leon

Iain Anderson
Junior

- posted February 17, 2012 10:55 AM      Profile for Iain Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Iain Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon,
My colleague Phil is dealing with that one. I'll give him a nudge see where we are with it.

Iain

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2012 11:17 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Iain,
Thank you 'as you can see I have spelled your name right this time' .I am looking forward to hear from Phil. I will do my best to get the list of all different projectors belt sizes ,perhaps with the help of forum members .Thank you again
Regards
Leon

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC