8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ebay dismay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay dismay
John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2012 05:38 PM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a little warning for those who may have seen this ebay listing for 4 top Quality projectors.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290691807716?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I won the auction, but the seller then opened a case to cancel the transaction. They had obviously mistakenly thought that a buy it now price of £300 meant the projectors would not sell for less than this amount and contacted me just before the auction end to try to withdraw. (I did not see the emails as I was at work.) They even had the cheek to refund the paypal transaction before I had agreed to cancel the transaction. I grudgingly agreed to cancel, after informing the seller that I had often sold at less than market value but never backed out of the sale when my item failed to achieve the price I was after.
I wouldn't be surprised to see these projectors listed again so this is a definate case of Caveat emptor.
Regards
to all
John

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2012 06:08 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you able to leave feedback now?

After agreeing to end the auction, you enabled them to get back all their listing and selling fees for the auction. I myself would not have agreed out of spite to stick them with the fees as a lesson learned.

Sellers MUST refund then buyer agrees before sellers can get fees back.

I recently went through just the opposite. I had a buyer feel he paid too much after he got in a bidding war. He then sent the items back...then notified me about it...I didn't have to refund...but I did anyhow, then promptly blocked him from ever buying another item from me.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 01:20 AM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wayne,
I didn't agree to cancel the transaction through ebay, but sent the buyer a message to say I would accept the refund so hopefully their fees will still apply. I could leave feedback but you know how it is, If I am nasty, they'll be nasty back, even though I'm the injured party.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 07, 2012 02:25 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
The seller cannot leave negative feedback, or at least that used to be the case.

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 02:54 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi the seller can not give feedback .He can only request the removal of negative feedback from the buyer.And if buyer disagree ...that's it he will have negative feedback to show other to be aware of the seller auction.
If I was you John I would give him a negative feedback ,so others be aware of these sellers in advance of bidding.
Regards
Leon [Wink] [Smile]

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 11:06 AM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Guys. Appropriate feedback left/
Love your songs Michael, by the way.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 07, 2012 12:22 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the kind words John.
[Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 07, 2012 12:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Wayne ...

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 07, 2012 12:57 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a classic example that lumping things together in the same lot is often very damaging to the bidding. Just the 824 or the Mark S offered on their own would probably have attracted significantly higher bids, but many buyers would rather not have additional items they don't want.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 01:07 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,
The seller had what he deserved .Good on you mate
regards
Leon
[Big Grin] [Wink]

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 01:25 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know if anyone noticed, but looking at his feedback he's done this before, another projector as well, should be kicked off ebay.

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 01:43 PM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah,
I hadn't noticed before but have just seen this. How is it that lowlife get to stay on Ebay with no consequences when the good guys seem to have to get penalised for being honest. I have to admit, I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt initially as the messages sent to me seemed to come from a child who was doing their dad a favour. I think differently now.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC