8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 711 R

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 711 R
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 19, 2012 04:12 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a pic of the Eumig 711 R which appears to be an older brother of the Eumig S 720 which has been the subject of earlier postings.
http://www.super8data.com/database/projectors_list/projectors_eumig/eumig_711r.htm
The photo shows clearly how the projector converts from cartridge to spool loading. Simply pull up the cartridge locating spindle which then becomes a feed arm for a convential spool.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 19, 2012 09:05 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to have a vague recollection of these machines Maurice
they might have been tested in the "Movie Maker" mag,which I
can't check pre '79 as I left them when I moved from home, but
they are a talking point and typical of Eumig,very solid looking.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2018 04:02 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This projector model has turned up on eBay for sale,It's hard to find any info on it and it doesn't show up when searching for it!
Was it very limited in release?

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 25, 2018 02:38 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My earlier link is no longer operational, but here is a link which works!
http://www.filmkorn.org/super8data/database/projectors_list/projectors_eumig/eumig_711r.htm

--------------------
Maurice

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2018 04:17 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think if it had a test report in Movie Maker it was before I started buying it every month. However it did show up in the July 1971 article on cartridge projectors. Like the Beta vs VHS war there were 2 different cartridge types Kodak and Bell & Howell!!! Eumig produced both a silent (510-D, very similar to the 501-D but with a 12v 100w lamp) and sound the 711-R magnetic recording & playback. It was described as being the first super 8 sound cartridge projector to be shown publicly and to be on sale in Britain for aprox £240 (in 1971) including purchase tax. It says "The projector is unusual due to having a motor-driven sound flywheel and paces the claw drive by means of a loop-arm sensor in the loop of film between the picture gate and the soundhead".

[ February 26, 2018, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Brian Fretwell ]

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2018 05:15 AM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That price of £240 in 1971 would be the equivalent of well over £3,000 today. Little wonder that only 5,000 were made. There was also the AV 711 but I don't know what the difference was. It seems to be a sound version of the Mark 510 D also cloned as the Bolex 18-9.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC