8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Replacing Motor Belt on Bell & Howell Soundstar 11XJ - Solved

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Replacing Motor Belt on Bell & Howell Soundstar 11XJ - Solved
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 16, 2012 10:07 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just picked up a Bell & Howell Soundstar 11XJ. It's in excellent condition...but must have been sitting around for a long time. The motor belt is turning sticky and has stretched out about an inch. I can get a new belt...but I'm baffled at how to put it on without removing lots of stuff. Anybody have one of these? Any ideas on getting the belt behind the horizontal drive shaft?

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 17, 2012 11:11 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the sellers on EBay was kind enough to send me instructions on replacing the belt. It's pretty easy. You just remove 2 of the clips that stabilize the shaft. This allows you to raise the shaft enough to pass the belt over it.

This projector is almost identical to the Chinon 4100.

-

--------------------
Janice

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2012 12:50 PM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent diagram and photography. Thanks Janice.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 17, 2012 01:32 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a very nice projector. It's very quiet... The bulb is only 50 watts...but it has a great 15mm-30mm zoom lens and it's one of the few sound projectors that has a variable rheostat control in addition to the 18/24 selector switch. The only rubber belt I see is the motor belt. There's one belt for the supply and take-up arms but it's metal. So I'm guessing that once I get the new belt installed... it should be good to go [Smile]

[ October 21, 2012, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 21, 2012 09:50 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the new belt installed....running great!

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC