8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New venue northwest film fair 2013 blackpool (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: New venue northwest film fair 2013 blackpool
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 05:09 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the great write up Lee, sounds like it all went off well.

Well done David and crew!

Does anyone have any pics they can post for those of us who weren't there?

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 07:08 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I david guest would like to thank all the dealers for attending my north west film fair and also all the punters who attended .a very special thanks to don sykes for showing the 9.5 which I have never seen very impressed and bob for the 2 super 8 shows which were great in scope .special thanks to paul barker who ran the bring and buy single handed all day ,and simon mcconway and mark Norton for helping me set up the room and bringing all my cine stuff.with out these very special friends this event would not go on ,also not forgetting the misses who was on the door ,I hope every one enjoyed and had a safe journey home. the northwest film fair will take place on sunday 16th nov 2014 Hilton hotel at 10am

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 07:22 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any picture?

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 07:37 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
full colour pictures will be posted shortly please be patient it will be worth the wait ,but you cant beat, being there and seeing it in its true glory

[ November 18, 2013, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: David Guest ]

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 08:56 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife Diane and I have just returned from a most thoroughly enjoyable weekend in Blackpool. A very BIG THANK YOU must be extended to David and his team for a perfect event, held in the finest venue ever. It is always a pleasure to meet familiar faces from my Derann days and rest assured we will be attending again next year, subject to work commitments. Meanwhile, I will begin viewing the many bargains purchased!

Kindest Regards Always

Gary & Diane Brocklehurst

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 18, 2013 09:30 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done indeed Mr. Guest! Sounds like a 'reely' first class convention. And nice that all the collectors film guages were fully represented.
Can't wait to see the pics! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 10:00 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very enjoyable day. This year there was definately more Super 8mm on offer this year than last year and the venue was very good indeed. Nice to meet up with old friends again, not having attended the last BFCC, due to ill health.
As others have said, the "atmosphere" was more "film related" than it has appeared to be over the past couple of years.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 10:17 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great day Sunday was!!
Thanks very much to David and all his helpers, and thank you to all those that turned out in support of this great event.
Cheers to all those who gave of their time freely to make Blackpool
Filmfare so memorable.

--------------------
Ron

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 18, 2013 12:55 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a good day. Well done. I look forward to the photos.

Don Sykes
Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 02:23 PM      Profile for Don Sykes   Email Don Sykes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NORTH WEST FILM FAIR. BLACKPOOL. 17th Nov 2013
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Projections Magazine" editor Pete Travers.

-

End of Part 1.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 19, 2013 02:47 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like quite a gathering. Nice [Smile]

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 02:48 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackpool was great 😊 probably the best one for years and the venue was excellent too.

Far more Super 8mm for sale than previous years and I came away with a full bags full of films as usual.

Hats off to David Guest for reviving the Blackpool convention as it was really on its last legs a few years ago.

The film shows were great too and Bob Nicholls projection was second to none,I thought thought he was projecting 16mm as the quality of the Super 8mm show in the morning was so good!!

Adrian Winchester provided a great evening on Saturday night with his dinner and film show with a lot of interesting short films shown and who can forget the singing postman 😄😄

A superb weekend all in all and the venue is now officially booked for 2014 too 😊😊

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 03:01 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what about them photos then bet you wished you were there more to come

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 03:06 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, what about the new releases from CHC?

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 03:20 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont think there were any new CHC releases???

Don Sykes
Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 03:29 PM      Profile for Don Sykes   Email Don Sykes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NORTH WEST FILM FAIR Part 2.

-

-

-

-

-

-
The Busy BRING & BUY.
 -

The ELMO GS SUPER 8 & BUCKINGHAM (ELF) 9.5mm PROJECTORS
 -

End of PART 2. More Soon.

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 03:30 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read about them in the program David published before the convention, so I was asking

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 03:31 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet again another superb event. Blackpool really has returned to the heyday of cine, even better than it was say twenty years ago. Dave had everything well organised and we must thank him for injecting new life into this well-loved event giving it a very secure future! The new hotel was easily the best I've ever stayed in; food, room and facilities were amazing. I will be booking next year for what has to be the best event of the year.

Adrian Winchester provided another classic evening on the Saturday. I have never laughed as much, nor won as many prizes! Again, this event cannot be improved upon. Thank you Adrian for all your efforts, which I know were appreciated by everyone. I was filming on Super 8 (200D film) which I hope to show next year at the dinner.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 19, 2013 03:36 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks spectacular! Congratulations to David Guest and all involved in putting on this terrific event.

Congratulations also to Adrian Winchester for his very well reviewed Saturday dinner/show. I would love to see some pictures from that evening.

Wasn't a certain sizable simian supposed to make an appearance at Blackpool? I believe Lee Mannering had predicted such an occurrence...

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 03:49 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fabrizio,

I explained on another thread that the labs have been delayed again and the new releases would not be ready in time for Blackpool as originally hoped.

Excellent photos, wish I was there.

Any video?

Graham S

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 03:54 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Graham, I missed that thread, thank you for the indications

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2013 05:11 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes its got to the stage that whenever I see adverts for new releases coming in, nowadays I always add several months to that. Phil is always upbeat about the new releases on his website but Im not confident they will arrive anytime soon. But all you can do is wait. Im just glad that new prints are still being struck.

Graham S

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2013 01:53 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the day, picked up a few bargains and saw a few familiar faces. Well done to David and all who were involved in putting it on,Great venue and easy parking, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 20, 2013 03:48 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug. Unfortunately Konga was not included in the super 8 programme so he stomped off back to Blackpool zoo for a hot date but he will return rest assured.

People are still talking about this fabulous weekend and I would put it right up there with the Blackpool 80’s film conventions. It is a really unique one this more so as you have a resort outside the hotel door with the sea etc making for quite an amazing time. Really nice event and from a traders point of view sales were very high indeed with lots of interest in all the film gauges. As mentioned previously you will find film and equipment prices lower here than the south so it does make sense to make the journey if you can. Wonderful day which we will remember for many a year I am sure..

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2013 03:48 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went down on the Sunday, as I have been doing since the 80's and have to say this was the best convension I have been to since certainly the early 90's. A BIG BIG hats of to David, I cannot thank you enough for reviving this great event when all of us thought it was over with the demise of Derann. I have stayed at the Hilton many times so knew what to expect, GREAT choice David, well done. It was the largest haul of super 8 films I have ever purchased at a convention, it will take me weeks to get it all cleaned and viewed, also it was nice to meet up with Gary and Dianne again and also chat to fellow collectors, to all those who didn't go and wished they had, mark it on your calender for next year, UNMISSABLE, Del.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC