8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What do you regret Selling? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What do you regret Selling?
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 22, 2013 04:31 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did I mention my pristine Super 8mm stereo print of Goldfinger?

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 22, 2013 06:43 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I regret selling any Super 8 features I sold a few years ago, as I would be getting about twice the price if I was selling them now! Apart from that, I'm another member here who also regrets selling a 16mm 'Tales from the Crypt', especially as a Super 8 film I wanted in part exchange is badly faded now.

Tom - I sympathise regarding 'Rock for Kampuchia' but only wish that it was me that bought it from you! As a collector of films featuring rock music, I know what a phenomenal rarity that is.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Hal Dickens
Junior

- posted April 22, 2013 08:31 PM      Profile for Hal Dickens   Email Hal Dickens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I regret selling my entire silent film collection when sound films came out(400 footers from Columbia and Universal 8). I felt bad years later and am still trying to get back what I once had.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2013 01:18 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom@ if you are not rich (I am not rich) it is not possible to get a collection with rare titles without selling something.
But they are some S8 collectors here, they paid much more for his collection than me.
For example few weeks ago someone sold on german ebay his S8 print of Alien for over 800 Euro and this is exact the same price I paid for my mint 35mm War of the Worlds print.
Ok, I know another mint print of War of the Worlds that was sold few years ago for $5000.

Hugh@ no, I donīt have "The Wicker Man" and I must say for my shame, I never watched this movie.

David@ Curse of the Damon was a rare print from the 80īs (in mint condition), this print have the US titles but it is uncut like the UK version. This was the reason that I got top $$$ for this print. For my self I never paid so much for a print. The highest price I ever paid for a print was 1250 Euro. Once I paid this amount for a IB Tech. print of George Pals The Time Machine and another one was a IB Tech. print of To catch a thief.

I thing some brand new Super 8 prints like Titanic cost the same.

[ April 23, 2013, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Oemer Yalinkilic ]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2013 10:18 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat's pristine Super 8mm stereo print of Goldfinger

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 23, 2013 12:59 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't watch "Wicker Man", with all those lovelies dancing about in the nip?

One title that bears mentioning is Passquales much beloved "Goldfinger" ... and in stereo, no less! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 23, 2013 01:38 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Pasquale really have a mint print of Goldfinger? [Big Grin]

Two other items on 16mm i do wish i hadnt sold were
Freebie and Bean & Sweeney 2, Freebie and the bean is another one of those movies you hardly ever see appear on TV.
The Rock for Kampucia concert really was a one off, for those interested take a look at this link and see the line up and all in a 1st class colour print. You can catch parts of thisd on youtube and since starting this thread i have now found a DVD at last and its coming all the way from Nashville [Cool]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_for_Kampuchea

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 23, 2013 03:14 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Fingers crossed Tom, you might be reunited. Why not place an
ad in one or more of the cine mags.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 23, 2013 03:58 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i shall do that Hugh, now, apart from the film collector from Classic home cinema which are the best ones around these days?

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2013 04:21 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SPACEBALLS!!!! Sold it back in September because I didn't have an optical sound projector. Little did I know that I would find a great deal on an Elmo GS1200. Who could of seen that! Wish I still had it....

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2013 12:59 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16mm prints of "Jabberwocky" and "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". I also had some outtakes from "The Ruth Rendell Mysteries" which I used to work on as a runner and regret getting rid of those for nostalgic reasons.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 28, 2013 02:54 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, id almost forgot i also sold two very good optical prints i had, Spaceballs and The Bounty, my Elmo developed an optical sound fault and i didnt want the expense of sending it away for a hanful of films so i sold, two years later i ended up sending my Elmo to Bill Parson for an overhall and it was returned witgh optical sound all working again [Mad] , i stikll only have two short 200ft prints with optical sound.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC