8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Castle Films Ad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Castle Films Ad
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 04, 2014 08:07 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is really neat [Cool]
 -

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 04, 2014 09:00 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

I agree! Here's what the family was watching in 1945:

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 12:32 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first photo was taken in Doug's living room. I recognize the back of his head!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 05, 2014 09:19 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I'm on screen in the second pic.

Doug

--------------------

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2014 12:25 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I recognized Doug's family...let's see, there is his Dad, "Sprocket," Mom, "Spool," Granddad "Splice," Grandmother "Rewind," and his baby sister "FilmGuard." What fun movie nights those were!!

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2014 06:23 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have thought the 'baby' of the family would be named Pathe.
(Paul Adsett would get that!)

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 08:04 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug

That last add looks great [Smile] its what this hobby is all about.

Graham.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 06, 2014 12:18 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

I think that Castle used variations on that living room scene for the cover of almost every catalog till the early 60's.

Carter,

Let's not forget Cousin Heurtier, visiting from France.

--------------------

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2014 07:49 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no power cord attached to the projector and the image looks far too clear and bright that's on the screen being that there's no light eminating from the projector whatsoever. Good job for the 1960s, though. Can't help but wonder what's behind the blue curtain to the far right of the couch. Must have been a very tiny set where they took the picture. It does bring back very nice memories.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2014 06:55 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If someone saw that ad (first picture) today, they'd probably think, "Wow, so they had flat screen t.v.'s back in the 50's too?" (not noticing the strange box with wheels sticking out of it on the table). [Wink]

James.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC